Recommend some good institute for learning PHP in Delhi...

I completed my 4th sem in Btech CSE. Now looking to learn PHP in my spare time. So please recommend some good institute for 4-5 weeks training course which will also provide certificate.

I don't want to sound too radical but I strongly suggest you learn PHP Online either by doing online courses or by following any of the many tutorials available. You can also download video tutorials or learn off YouTube. You can even start coding and host off a free hosting server and stick your code on GitHub.
Training centres take your money and do teach you the language but cannot teach you the craft of building something useful with it. Save money and learn for free.
You can then do either one of those Zend certifications or the W3Schools one.
An emploeer will vaue you showcasing a hosted application and having code on GitHub for easy review.

Check with CDAC and NIC branches in your city/state. One of them must be offering a course that you might like and their certificates are well accepted in colleges. They usually do projects for govt organisations and if you are lucky, you'd get to work on one of them.

My friend found a PHP course at HCL CDC :)
They will be providing the certificate. Joining by monday. Problem solved.
Thanx for you response :)

I am also hugely skeptical of these coaching institutes. Should have taught yourself from good online material. I know some people learn faster when instructed by others, but still...

Stay away from Coaching institutes. Mostly highly pretentious newbies and theory ninjas teaching there. Learn online or through the language documentation. Nothing I tell you, nothing comes close.

^^ The problem with Indian education system is that they need proof of training in the form of a certificate. So, learning solely from online sources will get you 50% less marks, even with a certificate.

OP: you made a good choice by enrolling at HCL.

The problem is we have to present the certificate at the college after the summer break. They have made it mandatory :(

So had to join something. Hope this goes well

The problem is we have to present the certificate at the college after the summer break. They have made it mandatory :(

So had to join something. Hope this goes well

Oh. So this is for the so called 'Summer training' that colleges 'encourage' you to do during vacation.
We had that at my college too. They told us that submitting a certificate would be mandatory, but in the end no one gave a rat's ass. I still have my 'certificate' lying around.

The summer training thing is an extremely good opportunity to try and get some real industry experience in the form of an internship at any company. In my case, I spent a couple of weeks applying to random companies for an internship online, but my effort was half-baked, so I didn't get replies . This was my fault -- I didn't try hard enough. (actually two companies called me back thinking I was applying for a proper job, but later were shocked that I was a college student and declined)

In the end, I was naive and spent 6k on a .NET coaching institute JUST to get a certificate, since my entire class was doing the same. I sat through 4 weeks of listening to stuff that I already knew perfectly well by teaching myself through a good book. (Andrew Troelsen FTW).

I later found out certain kids at my college paid Rs. 250 to forge fake training certificates. I facepalmed at myself for wasting 6k of my parents' money when I could have just spent Rs. 250.

If you are already good at programming, I highly recommend that you put some serious effort into getting in touch with companies for internships. Landing an internship can also open up a potential job opportunity at the company after you graduate. I suggest small companies as they will be more receptive, and there's less red tape, if any. Just sending emails won't cut it (I learned this after sending around 200 emails to different companies during my time). Try calling them and actually speaking to them about internships. Or if you really believe in your programming skills, you can get fancy and do things like courier an envelope containing your resume and cover letter directly to the CTO/ Tech lead of a small company.

I know all these things now, but I was a bit clueless back then. I now know how awesomely receptive good small companies are to these kinds of things. You just have to put some time into researching and finding about the right companies to reach out to.

I know the OP has resolved his own query and has joined an institute, but I thought I'd share my experience in case it helps other viewers of this thread in any way.

Oh. So this is for the so called 'Summer training' that colleges 'encourage' you to do during vacation.
We had that at my college too. They told us that submitting a certificate would be mandatory, but in the end no one gave a rat's ass. I still have my 'certificate' lying around.

The summer training thing is an extremely good opportunity to try and get some real industry experience in the form of an internship at any company. In my case, I spent a couple of weeks applying to random companies for an internship online, but my effort was half-baked, so I didn't get replies . This was my fault -- I didn't try hard enough. (actually two companies called me back thinking I was applying for a proper job, but later were shocked that I was a college student and declined)

In the end, I was naive and spent 6k on a .NET coaching institute JUST to get a certificate, since my entire class was doing the same. I sat through 4 weeks of listening to stuff that I already knew perfectly well by teaching myself through a good book. (Andrew Troelsen FTW).

I later found out certain kids at my college paid Rs. 250 to forge fake training certificates. I facepalmed at myself for wasting 6k of my parents' money when I could have just spent Rs. 250.

If you are already good at programming, I highly recommend that you put some serious effort into getting in touch with companies for internships. Landing an internship can also open up a potential job opportunity at the company after you graduate. I suggest small companies as they will be more receptive, and there's less red tape, if any. Just sending emails won't cut it (I learned this after sending around 200 emails to different companies during my time). Try calling them and actually speaking to them about internships. Or if you really believe in your programming skills, you can get fancy and do things like courier an envelope containing your resume and cover letter directly to the CTO/ Tech lead of a small company.

I know all these things now, but I was a bit clueless back then. I now know how awesomely receptive good small companies are to these kinds of things. You just have to put some time into researching and finding about the right companies to reach out to.

I know the OP has resolved his own query and has joined an institute, but I thought I'd share my experience in case it helps other viewers of this thread in any way.

That seems like some really valuable information brother! As of now i have paid money at HCL CDC and will be joining classes from tomorrow. I have no idea about PHP. My brother advised me to do it. He has a small software company with loads of work. I'll be working there along with my training (Chose the center 1km to the office ). And I just completed 4th semester. Will definitely do what you said after 6th sem. :)

Back