Recommendations for Shampoo

Emrebel

Adept
Today my barber recommended me to change my shampoo and use conditioner.(According to him I have dry hair and dry scalp/dandruff which is infact correct)
He showed some shampoo from TIGI(Unilever). He said professional shampoos are on par with the general consumer-based brands.
I currently use Clinic plus(nothing fancy).
I feel I should start caring for my hairs now since I have been really ignorant about in my student life.
I would like to know if someone has experience with TIGI based products?
Is it another marketing gimmick?
Can you recommend something?

Hey Emrebel,

Dry Scalp and Dry Hair is so annoying. It is something that should be taken care of. If you're confused about which shampoo you should use to treat this, I will suggest you Dove Oxygen Moisture Shampoo. It will help you treat your dry hair.

If you don't like it by any chance, here is a list of the best shampoo for dry hair. It is a list created by the user's personal experience. You will find a suitable shampoo for you.

Take Care of you and your body :)

Regards,
Rishabh Bansal

Today my barber recommended me to change my shampoo and use conditioner.(According to him I have dry hair and dry scalp/dandruff which is infact correct)
He showed some shampoo from TIGI(Unilever). He said professional shampoos are on par with the general consumer-based brands.
I feel I should start caring for my hairs now since I have been really ignorant about in my student life.
I have been using various L'oreal shampoos, they are pretty good. If you have an enrich salon near you, you can ask over there for a suitable shampoo for your hair. They usually cost about 650 a bottle.

How often do you shampoo your hair ?

I heard this hairdresser say it should be done every day.
Good lord no. Shampoos at the end of the day are still chemicals that will damage your hair over time. Use it if you feel your hair is getting oily, sticky/gross maybe once or twice a week. Washing your hair with cold water should be enough for day to day.

It looks like your barber is just trying to exploit your condition to sell his product. I would not suggest TIGI products since they are very expensive and it might not be beneficial in your case. There are lots of cheap products and DIY solutions to take care of dandruff. If you are genuinely concerned about dandruff i suggest you visit a dermatologist he will give you the best advice.

It looks like your barber is just trying to exploit your condition to sell his product. I would not suggest TIGI products since they are very expensive and it might not be beneficial in your case. There are lots of cheap products and DIY solutions to take care of dandruff. If you are genuinely concerned about dandruff i suggest you visit a dermatologist he will give you the best advice.
Thanks.. that the reason for this post and why I am looking for suggestions.

I have tried many brands. And I always keep coming back to L'Oreal be it their professional range or the consumer range. Both are great. You can try and change many shampoos but honestly shampoo won't do much for dry hair. Conditioner can. I used jojoba oil conditioner bought from a salon. I have forgotten the brand. It was the best conditioner I have used for dry hair. Also use hair serum daily. No exceptions.
Wash 3-4 times a week.

All you need are these two ->
But get them from Nyka and not Amazon.
Use it once a week and rest of the days wash with water if needed. You can also use twice a week if you feel like it. I dont. Infact sometimes i go 10-15 days without shampoo. After shampoo, apply masque and keep it on for 5-10 mins.

If you have dandruff use this - https://www.amazon.in/Abbott-Selsun-Shampoo-120ML/dp/B07CJXFLQ7
Get it from Pharmeasy for 20% off.
Use it once a week before the above shampoo and masque. Apply it and let it stay for 5mins. The shampoo should reach the scalp.
Then after a month, use it once or twice a month depending on how bad your dandruff is. If you have dandruff on eyebrows or beard, you can use this shampoo on that too. Shake well before use.

The above are costly but work so well. These are professional products. I have not found a better dandruff shampoo. It even cures other fungal infections if you have any, just apply over it. It was recommended by my doc 3-4yrs ago and using it since.. Works very well. has a slight smell. So sundays are the best.

OP. Any decent shampoo will do it. Amway is good, this one is very good :

HOWEVER shampoo is one variable in the whole equation. Having a good diet is way better than applying shampoos although you should obviously keep your scalp clean using shampoos. I had very dry hair and skin, regular use of high quality fish oils kinda cured that problem for me in no time. Work on the root cause not symptoms.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    311.6 KB · Views: 225
I would
OP. Any decent shampoo will do it. Amway is good, this one is very good :

HOWEVER shampoo is one variable in the whole equation. Having a good diet is way better than applying shampoos although you should obviously keep your scalp clean using shampoos. I had very dry hair and skin, regular use of high quality fish oils kinda cured that problem for me in no time. Work on the root cause not symptoms.
I would totally agree with this part. Nutritious Diet and a good water drinking habit are very necessary. I am trying to improve on fibers and vit and try to reduce oil in the diet.

Hey emrebel,

I don't know if you have found a good recommendation so far or not.

But when it comes to the hair stylists, they would always recommend the shampoos of the brands which have a tie-up with them. That's why you would mostly hear about the brands from them which are either very pricey or the ones that we've not heard as common people. I have noticed this personally, that every time I go to the salon for a haircut, the stylist says I have dry hair and there's breakage & this and that and would try to sell off a product.

So in my opinion it's a marketing gimmick 99%.
However, if you really feel that you need to take care of your hair, I think you should go for home remedies and mix them up with ayurvedic hair oils. I was experiencing intense hair fall then my sister recommended me this hair mask of onion juice, aloe vera gel, bhringaraj hair oil and vitamin-E capsules.
It works like magic.
Apply it for at least a month and you will see a difference in your hair texture. I hope this helps, thanks!

Hey emrebel,

I don't know if you have found a good recommendation so far or not.

But when it comes to the hair stylists, they would always recommend the shampoos of the brands which have a tie-up with them. That's why you would mostly hear about the brands from them which are either very pricey or the ones that we've not heard as common people. I have noticed this personally, that every time I go to the salon for a haircut, the stylist says I have dry hair and there's breakage & this and that and would try to sell off a product.

So in my opinion it's a marketing gimmick 99%.
However, if you really feel that you need to take care of your hair, I think you should go for home remedies and mix them up with ayurvedic hair oils. I was experiencing intense hair fall then my sister recommended me this hair mask of onion juice, aloe vera gel, bhringaraj hair oil and vitamin-E capsules.
It works like magic.
Apply it for at least a month and you will see a difference in your hair texture. I hope this helps, thanks!
Yes you are absolutely right. It was absolutely a way to sell products.
I am currently using aloe vera (2-3 times a week) and sometimes curd. And it is much better!!
Thanks for sharing your experience!

Had similar issue and my doctor recommended me 'Topisal-6% Lotion', works like charm, Shampoos are quiet expensive and it takes time for visible result, you just have to apply this on your scalp after 4 hours wash your head with any regular shampoo, twice a week, results are visible on first wash, and while applying you might feel a little sensation but that's expected. and another best solution is organic neem oil which is hard to get in city, if you can get your hands on that then nothing like it. although its better to seek doctor than to ask it here, all the best.

Had similar issue and my doctor recommended me 'Topisal-6% Lotion', works like charm, Shampoos are quiet expensive and it takes time for visible result, you just have to apply this on your scalp after 4 hours wash your head with any regular shampoo, twice a week, results are visible on first wash, and while applying you might feel a little sensation but that's expected. and another best solution is organic neem oil which is hard to get in city, if you can get your hands on that then nothing like it. although its better to seek doctor than to ask it here, all the best.
Never ever use any such chemical stuff, I have had use few years back..... dandruff/itching vanished for few weeks. 1 month or so after course completed (checmical base shampoo/etc.) dandruff & itching returned back and found more hair fall.... I hate the time when I decide to buy all and use

Never ever use any such chemical stuff, I have had use few years back..... dandruff/itching vanished for few weeks. 1 month or so after course completed (checmical base shampoo/etc.) dandruff & itching returned back and found more hair fall.... I hate the time when I decide to buy all and use
Same I have moved away from the artificial stuff and currently using only natural products. I have 4 plants of aloe-vera at home.

Thats not a problem with the "chemical stuff" but that's just how dandruff is.
My strategy has been to use use Selsun shampoo twice a month (consecutive days), it kills all dandruff. Then I just wash my hair with loreal shampoo and condition my hair with a loreal masque. I do this about once in 2 weeks. Rest of the days I wash my hair with just water. I have 5-6inch long hair on top.

Back