Recurring issues with Airtel Broadband

comp@ddict

Skilled
Alright guys, I'll tell u the whole story.

I think you all know that all ISPs upgraded(read DOUBLED) their plan speeds a few months back. AIRTEL was one who didnt, but they did promise that by July they would do it too. SO I waited out month after month until finally from mid-July, I was experiencing 1Mbps speed on my 512Kbps UNLIMITED connection (RENTAL = Rs. 1099 per month).

So I was extremely happy and set about with my new connection speed. Also, so you all know, I hadn't requested AIRTEL for the speed upgrade because I was happy with my 512Kbps too, and nor did I ever receive a call from AIRTEL regarding DOUBLE SPEED offer or something.

Now a few days back(about 10 days), I noticed that my connection speed was back to 512Kbps. I was like "Well, this was where I started" and shrugged it off. Now today, 10 days forward, I start the computer, open my browser and here's the message I get:-

" According to AIRTEL's new Fair Usage Policy, you connection speed has been reduced for the remaining billing period (a.k.a. till 26th this month)."

I checked my speed, and lo and behold(no prizes for guessing), my speed is now at 256Kbps. Yes guys I'm a FRIGGIN IDIOT paying a METALLY RETARTED company Rs. 1099 per month for a 256Kbps connection(I think my d/l was 15GB or something).

Worse, my actual download speed on direct links, where I got 120+ KBPS 10 days ago, 60+ KBPS uptil yesterday, is a PATHETIC 10KBPS(yes not even 30KBPS).

EVEN BIGGER TRAGEDY, I CANT FUC**NG PLAY TEAM FORTRESS 2, because of my AS*HO*E ISP AIRTEL.

I feel like I'll go under DEPRESSION. What am I to do? I live in New Dehi, and I WANT TO TERMINATE MY AIRTEL CONNECTION ASAP. But I need an internet connetion too, so which service provider to go for, who will give my a UNLIMITED PLAN where I don'y play Rs. 1099 for 256KBPS within 5 days of the beginning of the month...

HELP.

Re: TIRED of being FU*KED by AIRTEL AGAIN and AGAIN...... WHAT TO DO??

Well to look at the alternative ... i was in the same except i was paying 1699 for 256Kbps ... so i cancelled and went to reliance ... and the grass is certainly greener here ... though i am paying 1399 for 1Mbps day and 2 Mbps night the speed is not stable some time even regular downloads go to 15 KBps or less . I have complained several times and even shown there own speed test to show only 256 Kbps and the engineer(reliance) has shrugged off ... that he cant do anything about it ... since i dont have any other alternative i am stuck with reliance for now.

Better join the mtnl league. Its really awesome. Even we guys were enjoying 2Mbps unlimited from past few weeks.

Mumbai and New Delhi Should always prefer MTNL

Damm Good,I haven't Experienced any difficulty with them till date :)

Same problem as OP. Only thing is my speed is stuck at 512 kbps even for night when it is supposed to be 1mbps. I am from Kolkata and the BSNL plans just don't cut it. I was thinking about a switch over to Reliance but even that seems to be a risky proposition. Looks like I am stuck with Airtel and their crass FUPs.:no:

Delhi has no BSNL. Only MTNL.

Go for it. MTNL is better than reliance. I have both (One in Delhi, one in Pune)

MTNL is good one way that if it works, it will continue to work well.

If it goes do, you will have to move heaven/earth to get it working again.

kolguy said:
Well to look at the alternative ... i was in the same except i was paying 1699 for 256Kbps ... so i cancelled and went to reliance ... and the grass is certainly greener here ... though i am paying 1399 for 1Mbps day and 2 Mbps night the speed is not stable some time even regular downloads go to 15 KBps or less . I have complained several times and even shown there own speed test to show only 256 Kbps and the engineer(reliance) has shrugged off ... that he cant do anything about it ... since i dont have any other alternative i am stuck with reliance for now.
Does this happen with the torrent downloads as well? Or the ftp downloads alone? Could be an issue with the server as well.

I was planning to switch to the Reliance Combo plan - the cheaper variant, 512 kbps during the day and 1 mbps during the night. Logged a call with Reliance customer service around 2 months back but they haven't got back to me yet. I am assuming you are on the combo plan with the bundled phone offer?

Desecrator said:
Does this happen with the torrent downloads as well? Or the ftp downloads alone? Could be an issue with the server as well.

I was planning to switch to the Reliance Combo plan - the cheaper variant, 512 kbps during the day and 1 mbps during the night. Logged a call with Reliance customer service around 2 months back but they haven't got back to me yet. I am assuming you are on the combo plan with the bundled phone offer?
the phone is purely your choice ... i don't have a use for it and so didn't take it ( don't want my desk to be more cluttered) .. this connection is a WAN( they use a modem kinda device for the phone) so the connection is shared ... so on a sunday if 20 people are using it in ur area you are ****ed .. your speed will come down.

comp@ddict said:
EVEN BIGGER TRAGEDY, I CANT FUC**NG PLAY TEAM FORTRESS 2, because of my AS*HO*E ISP AIRTEL.

I feel like I'll go under DEPRESSION. What am I to do? I live in New Dehi, and I WANT TO TERMINATE MY AIRTEL CONNECTION ASAP.
Mind telling ur age as well Compaddict ??

MTNL definitely , for 999+taxes you will get 1 mbps for the whole month . No limits .

And the reason why you are getting such speeds is because airtel changed your plan to Swift 1099 which has 1 mbps for 15 GB thereafter 256 kbps .

Desecrator said:
Logged a call with Reliance customer service around 2 months back but they haven't got back to me yet. I am assuming you are on the combo plan with the bundled phone offer?

Same is the case with me too. Called them up atleast 7 times in last 2 months but never bothered to call back for a new connection. I guess they are already making too much money they can handle..

Dear Friend and all members of TE,

Take my suggestion. We are customers who pay the service providers for the service they offer. We pay them the prices fixed by them so they are commited to provide us quality service.
I had similiar problems with AirTel and Tikona and I did only one thing. First drop two mails daily to Nodal and Applette officers keeping the customer care in CC. Keeping the CC in CC makes sure that your complaint is automatically registered and a ticket is auto generated so your complaint is hence forth official and has a reference no in their records.

Secondly: Try to get the mobile nos of the senior officers of your city/area from the service men who come to resolve your queries always. Offer them a cup of tea and some friendly chat and they give up all.
and Third and most important : Post threads on forums and mail them the links.

Though dealing with AirTel was not tough for me. I just sent a mail to the nodal and applette and I got six calls in half day to resolve my issue. Also they waived off the excess amount in my bills without arguing :)

With Tikona also I had the same issue. I subscribed for a SME 1Mbps plan but there was huge packet loss and high latency. I first tried the CC but it was damn slow. Then I called up the local office no that I had received call from when I took the connection. From there I started collecting mobile nos of the senior of the guy I use to talk to. If that guy was unable to resolve my problem I used to pressure him to let away the contact details of his senior or I will walk in their office and create a issue there. They always gave up the cell no of their boss on the condition of secrecy :)
I then caught hold of the Nodal officer and use to call him 5 times a day. Believe it or not guys every time my no flashed on his screen I surely use to get calls from his office and a guy would be assigned to my problems. And they even went to the extent of installing some expensive hardware in my area to resolve the issue. Engineers were called from Mumbai to Pune to resolve my issue and their enterprise team use to monitor my connection for a week or so...
I got two months bill and installation charges if Rs800 waived off...

Moral of the story is : In INDIA the service provider never screws the consumer .... The consumer always SCREWS the service provider.
Tikona consumers in Pune : If you need any help feel free to contact me...

Though dealing with AirTel was not tough for me. I just sent a mail to the nodal and applette and I got six calls in half day to resolve my issue. Also they waived off the excess amount in my bills without arguing
Yeah happened to me, my excess amount was in excess of 7k by thew way.

Spacescreamer said:
Mind telling ur age as well Compaddict ??

Big enuf to know the meaning of those words :p

manu1991 said:
MTNL definitely , for 999+taxes you will get 1 mbps for the whole month . No limits .

And the reason why you are getting such speeds is because airtel changed your plan to Swift 1099 which has 1 mbps for 15 GB thereafter 256 kbps .

But I thought AIRTEL doesnt change the plans until you accept it or something.. How did they do it just w/o any notice???

Yep, I'm going for MTNL, can you link me up to the PLANS list for MTNL. And I'm from New Delhi so no BSNL here.

i also have same story to share !! i waz gettin 120kbs on my DLs when recently my speed tumbled down to 60kbs :'( !!!!!! nw its really irritating after experiencing the luxury of 1mbps .... sigh

Back