PC Peripherals Red vertical line = help me!!!!!

comp@ddict

Skilled
Guys my config is the one in my sig..

now tha problem is when I'm watching a video on Windows Media Player, there comes a VERTICAL RED LINE across the screen while the video is playing..

now this doesnt happen with VLC player, or when I'm using the comp just like that or playing any game too..

WHAT THE HECK is wrong? not able to watch videos without the irritation of this RED VERTICAL LINE

Where's the problem, GFX, Monitor? software? dunno which section to post too..

Strange problem. If this problem is not in VLC, then its not a problem with Monitor or GPU IMO. Try some another player like powerdvd. And see what happens then. Why dont you use PowerDVD to watch movies on PC.

The first thing that came to mind is, have you updated your graphic card drivers? You could try installing codecs which might help in your case. Divx Codec for example.

Get your Monitors RMA'ed.

I faced this with my 2209WA and now I have a brand new piece as I returned mine withing 1 week of purchase.

There is not problem with drivers, problem is your monitor.

Do take snap of the monitor with red line for your records.

Good luck

can you post a pic? and is it windows media player or media player classic?
does the red line move from one end to another of the movie while playing?

I play with everything else, no problem, the strange thing s it HAPPENS ONLY AND ONLY with Windows Media Player

MICROSOFT u bloody well shud hav an explanation for this, I spent some bucks on a WIndows 7( and x64 is not that cheap)

I don't get it. If its not happening in VLC, how can one point towards a screen or GPU :S?

@ OP: This worked when someone used to get some vertical lines, maybe it might work for you.

On WMP11, go to organize-> performance -> and uncheck "turn on direct x video acceleration..." , save and restart.

If that doesn't work, well why not use vlc itself?

However it would have been more helpful if you keep your pants on and calm down. Venting out your frustration in such manner, especially on a tech forum, out of all the places, just doesn't make sense and its rather uncivilised. Someone who had been in many forums should know this better than anyone.

You should have diverted your efforts by mentioning what recent changes you made- software (that includes windows update) and/or hardware. Next time when you post, mention the relevant points if its your intention to get the issue fixed.

@CompAddict:

I am sure you drivers are upto date :). So will not harp of that. Something seems to be wrong with your WMP. Try what The Sorcerer has suggested. Even then if it does not work, then try to reinstall WMP. Post that we can continue.

No ways a monitor RMA...!

Back