Android Redmi 4 battery life

anish_sha

Skilled
Bought a Redmi 4 64gb version. It has a 4,100mAh battery. I am using it with Jio with hotspot on almost all time. I am getting hardly 16 hours back up only. Is it normal? Please advice.

Making a hotspot does draw a lot of battery. Your overall battery life also depends on your rest of the usage.

For example: I trade in stock market using my Redmi Note 3. The screen is constantly on from 10-3pm. I also keep the hotspot on for the same time. It barely lasts me till 6pm. But its not the phone's fault. It is because of the usage. In weekends it gives me 1.5 days. Try to see how much it is giving without your hotspot on.

My wife has a Redmi 4 32gb version. It's got the same charger as you do. She uses it to call and a little bit as a camera. Also she likes to text and sends pics on viber. Her charger lasts for 6-8 days! I myself as shocked.

Yes, I can confirm that redmi 4 keeps the charge quite well. Much better than an iphone for example. And in cold weather iphone's battery dies pretty fast by the way, whereas redmi 4's operates normally.

If you use the phone without using hotspot then you will have good battery as this consume much battery power.
I use the phone and it gives me quite good service so based on my own experience its normal. :)

Back