Android Redmi K20 Pro blew me away with the DAC/ amp capabilities!!

Wow!! 13k members...it must be a rage in India. Before discovering the amazing audio output, I didn't think much about the phone, was using it sparingly only to answer the students.
In fact it was kind of annoying me with crapware notifications.
After the shock with audio quality, uninstalled the stupid games etc. It had Flipkart preinstalled!!

You mean a shithole where people drown and bury their sorrows by buying expensive phones which makes them feel better about their shitty lives.
Yes. Where we measure self esteem with our phones.
Post automatically merged:

^^ I guess it's similar everywhere bro to certain extent. Some buy phones/ gadgets, some buy cars, some buy clothes/ shoes/ jewellery...we all try to buy happiness...
And completely skip travelling

Wow!! 13k members...it must be a rage in India. Before discovering the amazing audio output, I didn't think much about the phone, was using it sparingly only to answer the students.
In fact it was kind of annoying me with crapware notifications.
After the shock with audio quality, uninstalled the stupid games etc. It had Flipkart preinstalled!!
Uninstall everything you don't need.

There is some strange anti malware scanning going on before installing any app ( even from playstore)
There are some apks I had to sideload ( some university/ medical school related apps, which are 100% clean and available in appstore for iOS but not in playstore) I did enable installation from unknown sources,all but one got installed after some scanning process.
I don't really need that one uninstalled app ( it's basically a webpage shortcut) but didn't understand why it can't be installed.
It was stuck in that shady looking scanning page for a couple of minutes and just vanished!!
Can't fully trust miui.

Last edited:
There is some strange anti malware scanning going on before installing any app ( even from playstore)
There are some apks I had to sideload ( some university/ medical school related apps, which are 100% clean and available in appstore for iOS but not in playstore) I did enable installation from unknown sources,all but one got installed after some scanning process.
I don't really need that one uninstalled app ( it's basically a webpage shortcut) but didn't understand why it couldn't be installed.
It was stuck in that shady looking scanning page for a couple of minutes and just vanished!!
Can't fully trust miui.
It's not MiUi

Does MiUi scan apps before installing?
Another question: If the stock ROM is debloated with the ADB tool, do OTAs work? If it breaks the OTAs and needs a complete ROM update with every security patch, will live with the non uninstallable bloatwares. Sorry for the stupid questions. I am so out of touch.

Another question: If the stock ROM is debloated with the ADB tool, do OTAs work? If it breaks the OTAs and needs a complete ROM update with every security patch, will live with the non uninstallable bloatwares. Sorry for the stupid questions. I am so out of touch.
MiUi does scan apps. Rest I don't really know.

If you follow the method that YT video's show which I post earlier - I don't think it will hamper any official OTA update - You just uninstalling some Apps - Nothing else.

OTA doesn't get affected at all you can deblaot via ADB.

Thanks...can't thank you people enough. Years ago, I was a regular at XDA ( Galaxy S2 era), now I'm intimidated by it!!
Vaguely remember MiUi was there at that time too and a lot of people loved it.
Has it gotten progressively worse over time? MiUi 12 looks so different from normal Android ( even compared to Samsung's skin)
The duplicate apps ( chrome/ their own browser, Gmail/ another email client, even another calender, music player, video player) are really irritating (even in Samsung, but I don't know about real high end Samsung phones like the real Note and Galaxy S series)
What purpose do these apps serve? There must be something to do with ads. A friend of mine was complaining of ads even in Note 20 Ultra!!

Last edited:
The duplicate apps ( chrome/ their own browser, Gmail/ another email client, even another calender, music player, video player) are really irritating (even in Samsung, but I don't know about real high end Samsung phones like the real Note and Galaxy S series)
What purpose do these apps serve? There must be something to do with ads. A friend of mine was complaining of ads even in Note 20 Ultra!!

For Mi Phones All the Extra Duplicate Apps you see are for Chinees Audiance who don't get any Google App Packages by default.

Last edited:
K20pro is generally available in offers for 23k
Needed a second phone for the online students' queries, so was looking for a cheap phone ( Note 10 lite is my primary phone and it's perfectly fine for me)
Redmi phones are difficult to find here, but the friendly mobile shop owner in a local mall managed to source a Redmi k20 Pro.
I'm using the phone for close 2 weeks now but never listened to any audio with the headphone out. And the speakers are bad.
Yesterday before going out for morning run, discovered my DAP and primary phone's batteries were about to die and took the redmi with BL03.
Even while running, could feel the amp is pretty powerful. Came back and spent the entire day with the few headphones I still have. HD598, M40X sounded absolutely fantastic. Bl03 scales very well with good source and it was just brilliant.
Everyone knows about the very good audio output of LG phones, but no one really talks about this little gem. I don't have a LG phone to compare, but this thing is pretty close to M3 pro.
I never used a Xiaomi phone before, do all of them have such audio output?
But other than audio, this phone comes with a lot of bloat and don't really like the general UI.
CAn you tell me more about Blon Bl-03 ? How are they with k20 pro? Any other better ones in same budget or vfm?

K20pro is generally available in offers for 23k

CAn you tell me more about Blon Bl-03 ? How are they with k20 pro? Any other better ones in same budget or vfm?
Bro I'm gonna tell you ... The BLON03 will make you listen to tracks with force. It's very musical and can get analytical. You can imagine how impressed OP is. It's a must have for all music lovers. Get it from our Indian seller till he has stock. Headphones.in. I have ATHm40x a pair of studio monitors and the BLON 03. The hype is real lol. It's really great for what it costs. Get it.

Last edited:
Blon Bl03 and Tin audio pro Budget king , But find some complaint from fellow Blon users they are saying that some units has very good quality and some are just mediocre , QC issues from Blon maybe

Possible... But then some users expect 128kbps mp3s to sound like AAC/FLAC. Won't happen.
Blon have either love it or hate it kind of reviews some users love it so much & some hate it very much

Blon Bl03 and Tin audio pro Budget king , But find some complaint from fellow Blon users they are saying that some units has very good quality and some are just mediocre , QC issues from Blon maybe
Possible... But then some users expect 128kbps mp3s to sound like AAC/FLAC. Won't happen.

@Party Monger Despite all praises of blon 03 I don't seem to use them much because 1) I love my Kalis. 2) I feel I'll get carried away with the blons and destroy my hearing. Thet can get fatiguing and overwhelming. IMHO.

Blon have either love it or hate it kind of reviews some users love it so much & some hate it very much
What's there to hate? It's even cheaper than T2!!
Yes, the eartips are very bad, but it takes less than a minute to change them.
The cable is not great, but it's better than KZ's stock cable.
I can understand the frustration of people who spend thousands on worse sounding IEMs. I'm one of those fools.
But there is probably no better IEM at this price point and there are hundreds of worse sounding IEMs costing 10 times or more.
I had practically all the near TOTL IEMs from major brands, and only very few sounded better to me ( that too by a very small margin)
The T2s are also very good, but I love the bl03 more ( due to the non laid back, extremely fun but not completely V shaped sound signature)
Regarding QC, they possibly have improved it...bought 5 pairs, and all sound identical.

Back