PC Peripherals "Refill friendly" Laser multi function printer within Rs 15000

basic laser multifunction printer which is most refill friendly.

• HP

Votes: 1 33.3%
  • Canon

Votes: 2 66.7%
  • Samsung

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
works for printing but what about scanning ?

not so easy to replace those windows drivers.

Scanning is a different issue altogether. SANE support is needed. Else, proprietary applications - such as the Canon Scan gear OR Lexmark app are needed. I feel printing over wifi is understood - scanning does not make much sense unless there is an option to email the scan. I am going to be implementing this soon with local mail servers in every location.

Does not have to be emailed just transmitted over wifi to which ever device requested it.

if you're going to situate the mfd someplace else without wires, then you want to make full use of it. Unfortunately without the full drivers there is just the printing function only.

How exactly these refill printers work. Can the ink be bought easily. How expensive is it..?
These printers use carbom powder and not ink. refilling is cheap - around 400 bucks & easy, but limited to say 4-5 tmes after which u may have to go for a complete new toner.

Does not have to be emailed just transmitted over wifi to which ever device requested it.

if you're going to situate the mfd someplace else without wires, then you want to make full use of it. Unfortunately without the full drivers there is just the printing function only.

Yep - thats what I said. However, both having used both the applications - Canon and Lexmark, can say its crap. Takes too much time to scan, else device does not get detected.

Is it possible to scan when the MFP printer is attached to router, via the print server? Not possible, right?

Yes - you need to have SANE support + SANE server installed.

These printers use carbom powder and not ink. refilling is cheap - around 400 bucks & easy, but limited to say 4-5 tmes after which u may have to go for a complete new toner.

Agreed. However, instead of doing this, we buy about 3 toners and rotate them so that they last a bit longer. Plus the refiller has a good machine which assures us of more refilling cycles.

wireless routers with print servers are available today starting approx. from rs.1500 . So buy any printer with USB port & pair it up with a wireless router cum print server and u shud be through. u can print then wirelessly from mobile, internet etc. without switching on PC.

Samsung has wireless printer for approx. rs. 10500, but refilling wont b so easy.
Already have a wireless router in place and not leaning towards buying a new one for print server.
They have Brother DCP-7065DN Laser MFP but refilling is limited to a few technicians in Mumbai and also the original toner had a mechanism to block its use after every 1-2 refills.
Had to visit Fort bazaar to get a work-around mechanism to replace a part on the toner and it needs to be removed, reset(a spring) and fitted back on the toner after every refill. :mad:

So I am looking for hassle-free refilling+LAN connectivity.

Anyone using Laser MFPs with these features?

Last edited:
Update:
Planning to go for HP LaserJet Pro M1218nfs MFP comes with ethernet, wifi, wifi-hotspot and hp eprint features.

Hoping its refill friendly being an HP model.

Tech2 has rated it 7/10.

Anyone used/using this one?

hi guyz,

I am in the same boat and looking to buy a new MFP laser printer. n/w or wireless printing would be a great plus. Any help is appreciated.

The one i have bought is working fine.... Easy to setup... No issues so far.... Refill friendly
Again i see this same minimum monthly requirement.

Recommended monthly page volume
250 to 2000
(HP recommends that the number of pages per month of imaged output be within the stated range for optimum device performance, based on factors including supplies replacement intervals and device life over an extended warranty period.)

So what happens if you don't print out a minimum of 250 pages per month ?

will they refuse warranty or blame you otherwise.

Other point is did you attach wifi to this printer at all and what did you use ?

Last edited:
Again i see this same minimum monthly requirement.

So what happens if you don't print out a minimum of 250 pages per month ?

will they refuse warranty or blame you otherwise.

Other point is did you attach wifi to this printer at all and what did you use ?

No idea about warranty claim in case of low usage since it is being used in office and usage is mostly more than 250 or more pages/month....

Using via Wifi (D-Link wifi router).

Can't determine any issues with wifi range since its placed in direct line-of-sight and close to the router.

Back