PC Peripherals Refillable Reliable Monochrome Laser Printer

Dear Friends,
After consulting forum mates on this topic, I have decided I need to buy a basic monochrome laser printer.
I need to print 50 pages minimum daily. Therefore it needs to be refillable. The idea is to minimize Cost Per Page. Is it true that lower end laser printers get over heated on continuous use ?.
So please suggest me a good laser printer which can be refilled easily without any chip problems or heating problems and still has quality prints after a refill. Also it need to be reliable.
Budget is 8k, can extend if its worth it.
Please help me out.
Thank you

Try to get HP 1020+. Its solid and just replace the initial toner with a full toner and you will be fine.
Do note change of drum every 3000 prints and change of blade every 4000 prints is needed.

Try to get HP 1020+. Its solid and just replace the initial toner with a full toner and you will be fine.
Do note change of drum every 3000 prints and change of blade every 4000 prints is needed.

Thanks for the reply,
Change of drum and blade means changing the toner cartridge right , they are parts of the toner cartridge?. Sorry don't have much idea about these things.
Any idea if it can be refilled or not ?. I cannot afford Original toner because its almost 3.5k . Buying a new toner every month would be impossible for me.
Also the cost per page is ridiculous at Rs 2 approx. I am looking for a Cost per page at or less than 50 paise including paper cost.[DOUBLEPOST=1376288806][/DOUBLEPOST]And it wont over heat right ?. I print 50-100 pages continuously, not in breaks.
Sorry for too many questions, I simply have no idea, and do not want to be stuck with something that I have to regret buying from day one.
Has happened with me in the past.

Yes, they are parts of the cartridge. The initial toner is a basic one rather than the full model 12A cartridges.
When we bought it we received the full toner model but another friend received simple one.
Yes the cartridges can be refilled for INR 200-300 for 1500pgs-2000pgs depending on the usage and content on paper. See if the refiller uses good quality toner powder rather than the cheap ones wherein the cartridges have to be refilled within 1000 pgs.
Also toner drum costs INR200-250 and the blade costs INR100. So do the math and buy it. Canon and other models of HP have the chip inbuilt which you will have to replace and then refill.

Printing 50-100 pgs continuously will generate heat in any printer let alone this model. However you can keep printing at intervals. It does generate heat, not greater than the CPU of your computer.

If you get a basic model of cartidge, buy a new cartridge, costs around INR3k and go on refilling. Also you can have one in standby so that your job wont get interrupted by refiiling delay.

Yes, they are parts of the cartridge. The initial toner is a basic one rather than the full model 12A cartridges.
When we bought it we received the full toner model but another friend received simple one.
Yes the cartridges can be refilled for INR 200-300 for 1500pgs-2000pgs depending on the usage and content on paper. See if the refiller uses good quality toner powder rather than the cheap ones wherein the cartridges have to be refilled within 1000 pgs.
Also toner drum costs INR200-250 and the blade costs INR100. So do the math and buy it. Canon and other models of HP have the chip inbuilt which you will have to replace and then refill.

Printing 50-100 pgs continuously will generate heat in any printer let alone this model. However you can keep printing at intervals. It does generate heat, not greater than the CPU of your computer.

If you get a basic model of cartidge, buy a new cartridge, costs around INR3k and go on refilling. Also you can have one in standby so that your job wont get interrupted by refiiling delay.

Thanks for the reply.
Well that's ridiculous from a firm like HP. So it's a lottery system, how does one know if he will get a full toner or a simple one ?. It's good I asked here and thankfully you replied.
The shopkeeper was trying to fool me by saying it does not have a chip, you can easily refill. Now how to bypass the chip ? . Since you already have it yourself, can you please help me out with the details.

Well I do not mind it heating generally, the heating should not affect the performance or reliability. A friend had a samsung laser printer which used to frequently get hot and toner would spread haywire and stuff.
So had to print for 10 mins and let it cool for 20 mins, lol.

Sorry am asking a bit too much of your time, but I do not wanna be stuck with something and then realize , oh it can't be refilled or it has problems like picking up paper and stuff. I have been there , done that and it feels ridiculous.

Let me tell you that HP 1020+ have a chip. So go ahead and get one. Only other models like HP 1007/1008 and some others from canon/samsung has chip.
Also check whether Full toner or Basic toner is bundled. You can get the details on the box itself.

Heating doesnt do good when you refill. Chances are the powder may evaporate and the powder is harmful to our lungs.
Also there are chances of paper getting jammed in case of multiple prints.
Better you take prints for 20pgs and give some mins to cool down and then print again.

No problem mate, happy to help out. Any other queries post them here and we will try to help out.

Back