Refrigerator energy consumption

The new fridge arrived and been enjoying it for the past few days.
20190516_133802.jpg
Can you get me a closeup of the edge/bezel around the glass shelf?
We got the 472QPZX, and there's a really large/long plastic bezel around the glass shelf, that has already cracked within 2 weeks of ownership (not sure how it happened).

Can you get me a closeup of the edge/bezel around the glass shelf?
Not sure what you are asking for but that plastic clip on bezel appears pretty sturdy on mine

20191116_215904.jpg

I have however managed to crack the assembly around the vegetable box

20191116_215748.jpg

Also there seems to be some resonance on the top shelf whenever the fan comes on. I've managed to fix it some what with a piece of cardboard

20191116_220113.jpg

We got the 472QPZX, and there's a really large/long plastic bezel around the glass shelf, that has already cracked within 2 weeks of ownership (not sure how it happened).
Ah now i get it, the 420 does have those white bezels surrounding the entire shelf. Mine only has that little strip in the front.

420 -3.jpg420 -2.jpg420 -1.jpg

This is the previous gen 'Smart Inverter" series.

What put me off with the 420 was the gap between the shelves. Just 4.5in

IMG-20190514-WA0005.jpg

I get twice the gap with mine.

The critique here is in terms of storage space i don't get more space than the smaller 437 lit model but its a lot easier getting things in and out.

Last edited:
Yesterday my panasonic fridge was not cooling , when the door was opened the temperature was at room temperature. When switched On, the compressor ran for a few seconds and then you hear a click( from the overload cut off device) and it shutdown the compressor. Luckily I had the service manual downloaded and came to conclusion that the PTC start relay was kaput (datasheet showed thats is 33ohm) , sure enough there was something shaking inside the relay ( the thermistor inside was in pieces) and it had no continuity reading.

Panasonic wanted 600 bucks + gst to come and have a look and the specific part costs 1.5k+ gst. They will need 48hrs and they had only one piece left in bangalore. So went to neary by parts store got a similar rated 33ohms relay which costed Rs100 and now it works again. :)

Will get the original one when panasonic online store will be up in 3 weeks, so I don't have to pay for service charges.

If this was a inverter fridge, I would have had to change the entire board and it will cost a lot.

Back