Refrigerator under 40K to max 50K suggestions.

Futureized

Skilled
Hello,
Trying to help a friend, He is searching for a refrigerator in Mumbai.

Budget: 30K to 49K
Mode of payments:
1. Debit card swipe
2. Cash

Kindly give best suggestions, my friends parents prefers to check fridge personally first.
Stores like chroma/vijay sales etc. if possible.

IF you have good suggestions kindly post..
Will be helpful :) as my consumer electronics expertise is 0%.

Thank You in advance,

Requirements:
It will be for family of around 9 people.
Will confirm length and width etc.
And approximate litres and star ratings.

Can someone please answer why is star rating important while purchasing this kind of electronics ?

star ratings = how efficient the appliance is in relation to consuming electricity. Ratings is from 1-5. 5 is the best and 1 star is the lowest. No star means company did not think it worth to get it certified.

The ratings change every year. So what was 5 star today is not necessary to be 5 star after 2 years. It could be 4 or 3 star if it is re certified.

example: you see a 5 star rated double door fridge. this fridge takes just 100w to cool.
next to it is a 4 star fridge similar to the 5 star fridge. it will take 115w or something to cool. similarly, 3 star and lower will take higher amount of electricity to do the same work the 5 star fridge is doing.

For your friend - since he has such a huge budget and a large family, tell him to buy a fridge with inverter compressor in it. it will save him lots of electric bill. plus more amount of people i house = more time, fridge door will be open and closed, especially if there are kids and they feel like using it as portable ac in summer. ideally get something around 300lt and with lots of storage. some fridges show 400lt capacity but actual storage is 350 or so.

all brands are good - lg, samsung, whirlpool, panasonic. just get one which fits in budget and has lots of storage space. i cannot link to specific model because what is in store will differ.

inverter compressor
Any specific reasons to go for inverter compressor ?

We checked few models in Chroma today and there was some model (lg brand) side double door refrigerator which fits his budget (now increased to upto 70000)
Also another from Samsung with double door with some new 5 way cooling thing.

Just didnt check if it had inverter compressor..

Thank You for detailed explanation.
Will post here which model we finally bought.

Also the exchange offer given for old LG is 1500 INR.
Should we sell it to local dealers or chroma ?

Sorry for late reply, just met the friend again today.
They bought Samsung RT65K7058BS\TL WITH exchange of old fridge @ Chroma.
Pricing = 72400

Last edited:
Back