Refrigerator under 60K by tomorrow

PH0ENiX

Skilled
Hi guys, know hardly anything about refrigerators, dunno what to write. need a new one under 60K, will buy by tomorrow. Which are by best options? Size doesn't matter much.

Hi guys, know hardly anything about refrigerators, dunno what to write. need a new one under 60K, will buy by tomorrow. Which are by best options? Size doesn't matter much.
Just picked up a Samsung 670L earlier this month with SBI cash back offer on EMI and Diwali deals for around 64k.

There's a smaller version of 550 odd capacity too

Actually size does matter.. if you calculate the price per litre.. you'll quickly be able to know what gives you the most capacity for the price

Just picked up a Samsung 670L earlier this month with SBI cash back offer on EMI and Diwali deals for around 64k.

Actually size does matter.. if you calculate the price per litre.. you'll quickly be able to know what gives you the most capacity for the price

Links please? Can't find it. Also double door/french door/single door, also which company for you suggest[DOUBLEPOST=1508496595][/DOUBLEPOST]

Links please? Can't find it. Also double door/french door/single door, also which company for you suggest

Links please? Can't find it. Also double door/french door/single door, also which company for you suggest

1. No links. Didn't buy it online. Bought it from Kohinoor locally.
2. French door or side by side closet types are a total waste in my opinion because the entire left side top to down is a freezer in most models and can't be converted to use as a refrigerator. If you don't need so much of freezer space then it's a waste. The right side likewise is a complete refrigerator. There's only one model in Samsung which supports a convertible function for the left freezer to a refrigerator but that costs approx 1.25L iirc.

Samsung is fine. Hitachi was also recommended by Vijay Sales & Kohinoor but their price to capacity ratio is skewed. Also I never owned anything Hitachi before so didn't venture to risk it.

LG models all have an issue with the bottom vegetable tray / drawer where they have a curve which eats into the usable space so you don't actually get much storage space. Samsung's models don't have that curve.

2. French door or side by side closet types are a total waste in my opinion because the entire left side top to down is a freezer in most models and can't be converted to use as a refrigerator. If you don't need so much of freezer space then it's a waste. The right side likewise is a complete refrigerator. There's only one model in Samsung which supports a convertible function for the left freezer to a refrigerator but that costs approx 1.25L iirc.

Samsung is fine. Hitachi was also recommended by Vijay Sales & Kohinoor but their price to capacity ratio is skewed. Also I never owned anything Hitachi before so didn't venture to risk it.

LG models all have an issue with the bottom vegetable tray / drawer where they have a curve which eats into the usable space so you don't actually get much storage space. Samsung's models don't have that curve.

Where is your store? Kohinoor? In Delhi??

Okay found the Samsung 550L for 55K.

Salesmen is arguing that the ratio of freezer/freeze in French door and double door is the same, and a 686L lg french door is 63K

Okay found the Samsung 550L for 55K.

Salesmen is arguing that the ratio of freezer/freeze in French door and double door is the same, and a 686L lg french door is 63K

Think about your day to day use and decide. For my family my wife didn't like that she had to reach up for the higher shelves in the French door in order to reach the rear of the shelves. Also in French door the widths of each half means utensils you keep need to be spread across multiple shelves/levels.

So I left the decision to my mom n wife.. in these departments it's best to stay away from the decision making process as much as possible and let those who just it the most decide

Back