Budget 21-30k Refurbished/New PC advice

ramusw427

Recruit
I am planning to buy a core i3 based PC for my brother.
No thoughts on laptop since desktop PC is far better in performance compared to laptop in a given budget.

I have two options in mind,
1.Buy a refurbished PC (without monitor) + new monitor
2.Buy a new assembled PC.

Usage scenario: Programming (Mostly java and not much resource intensive) with very light gaming.

What are the possible issues i may face if i go with first option?

If your suggestion is new assembled PC,please suggest some good configuration(s) for my budget of 26k.

Thanks in advance.

For a budget of 26k, you can go for this build:

Intel based:
Intel i3 7100 - ~8000
Any compatible mATX motherboard - ~5000
2x4 GB RAM - ~6000
Corsair vs450 - 2400
any case of your liking and what the budget allows - ~2000 - 20000
Monitor - Any 22 inch FHD monitor - ~10000
Total including monitor ~30000

You can even save up more and get a pentium G4560 which is essentially a core i3 in disguise and costs only 5000. If I were you, I would get that instead of i3.

AMD build:
Will end up more expensive as it doesn't have integrated graphics, which means you will need to invest in a graphics card AND a better PSU. If anyone here is aware of any new AMD CPUs with integrated graphics, please let it known here

Points to keep in mind:
Intel Kaby Lake is dead and this system will be rendered un-upgradeable
I would have selected i3 8100 (4C/4T) if going the Intel way, but right now, there are only z370 motherboards launched which are very expensive
Use that Power supply only with this system and without using a graphics card

In raw performance, yes, desktops will outperform laptops. When portability will come into the picture, do look at laptops, there would be a deficit of maybe 10% in day to day tasks.

For 26K,

You can easily get a Kaby Lake system for 26K - you might even be able to squeeze a bit more if you go to the correct chaps. However, if you can wait till next year, you should wait for Coffee Lake which @atiamd is talking about. Basically, the i3 8100 is a older equivalent i5 with minor cuts.

Back