Regarding Blood Pressure Monitor

I'm not familiar with the brands mate. We use whatever is available. For stethoscope both me and my wife use our old Littmann's ( not sure of the model, it's the commonest among doctors everywhere)
Lemme check the BP machine brand...****!! It's from a brand called doctor!! ( That's what the dial says, and a small made in Japan logo...never noticed it)

Hi Saurav, have you started monitoring blood pressure yet?
No bro. I can't decide on the brand for the sphygo yet.

After you said Littman I dared to check the prices of them and found even the most one costs like 6-7k, it scared me lol. Then someone on another forum looking for a bp monitor said the microtone (msi) brand of stethos are of good enough quality, costs within 1k too, which I've fixated on, but still my search for the aneroid goes on. That guy said most used ones are from a company called Diamond, checked the reviews on Amazon for the same and found users saying accuracy isn't that much, so I am confused.

Mate, you don't need a super accurate machine. Buy a cheap one which works with reasonable accuracy.
Hey dude sorry for bringing an old thread back, but you know I bought a stetho (Diamond ST 010) and I have been just casually testing it to listen to my heartbeats and while it's there the sound is not really loud or prominent, I mean of course I can hear it but I thought it would be really deep and clear. Also, I was told that I would be able to hear all the groovy sounds from tummy and all, but when I place it over my stomach I hear only extremely faint sounds, sometimes no sounds at all. Is this a faulty unit, or poor diaphragm or is this how stethos work? I tried checking some youtube regarding how stethos work but not really sure! I have 3 more days for the return window, if this doesn't work then I probably should return it.

I haven't checked BP as I have not bought any aneroid yet. Thought of using the stetho first to see whether I can get myself around it, but so far not a happy story Lol.

No, it's possibly not faulty. Check a kid's heartbeat if possible.
The abdominal sounds are peristaltic sounds, press the stetho over right iliac fossa.
Those are intermittent and funky sounds. Frequency increases during diarrhea.
Stetho at least to my ears, never sounds clear, but my ears got used to them. It's just practice.

Back