Rejoice ! Samsung to shut down ChatOn !!

Onemufc

Skilled
As part of Samsung's overall restructuring plans that were revealed earlier this week, a new report says that the company will shut down its ChatOn messaging service.

The Korea Times quotes an unnamed Samsung official as saying, "Samsung Electronics plans to exit from the mobile messaging market from region-to-region as part of corporate strategy to restructure unprofitable businesses and improve profitability." Another unnamed Samsung official stated, "Samsung is on track to streamline its business units. From a business point of view, ChatOn isn't a business that can show improvement in the future."

ChatOn was first launched in 2011 and is currently being used in 120 countries. This new report didn't state exactly when or where the ChatOn service would be shut down, although the unnamed Samsung execs claim that it won't happen immediately. Will any of you miss ChatOn when it's finally gone?

Source :- http://www.androidcentral.com/samsu...own-its-chaton-messaging-service-some-markets

If you notice most Samsung phones have a tactile center button . To switch to stock android they will have to provide a soft center button , as a tactile button is uncomfortable to press each time you want to access the menu .

Ever since I held bought my first Samsung smartphone, Chat On was an indispensable part of the apps I used. Albeit, I could only use it with a very, very limited set of people who appreciated the advantages of this fine app, but nevertheless, it was an indispensable part of my app drawer.

That is, until I realised, the world is not flat, I was using the other messaging apps wrong, and I discovered root & CWM & custom ROMS!

Ever since I held bought my first Samsung smartphone, Chat On was an indispensable part of the apps I used. Albeit, I could only use it with a very, very limited set of people who appreciated the advantages of this fine app, but nevertheless, it was an indispensable part of my app drawer.

That is, until I realised, the world is not flat, I was using the other messaging apps wrong, and I discovered root & CWM & custom ROMS!
All hail ChatOn.. And all hail the "Samsung Push Service"!

If you notice most Samsung phones have a tactile center button . To switch to stock android they will have to provide a soft center button , as a tactile button is uncomfortable to press each time you want to access the menu .

I prefer the tactile button

Back