Reliance/Airtel/Tata/BSNL Broadband?

Death

Disciple
I have been using the 256kbps UL plan of BSNL for about 3 years now and finally, I have felt the need to increase the bandwidth.. After searching for various ISPs on the net, I have come down to the following:

1) BSNL itself.. 512kbps UL for Rs. 1350/month.

2) Airtel - 1299 plan with 512kbps/1Mbps (10-6).

3) Reliance - 1499 plan with 1Mbps UL

4) TATA - 384 kbps/1.5Mbps (10-8) + Sunday 1.5Mbps UL for 1375/month.

Now, I mainly use the net for downloads (torrents, rs, megaupload and the like), browsing and online streaming. Not much into gaming but that would be because I couldn't with just 256kbps so far..

I have read really REALLY bad reviews regarding Tata's broadband connection, so that's really last on my list. Airtel's plan seems best as it's cheap and gives high speeds when required but supposedly, there's no pole near my place and so, they can't offer a connection! :S

I haven't read much abt Reliance. Does anyone have any idea about downtimes and speed reliability? I also heard that there's no FUP on the unlimited plans they offer. True?

If anyone has any idea regarding these plans, then please let me know about which is best among them. And also, point out some other plans that are better than the ones I've mentioned. Thanks in advance.

I have Tata Indicom BB in Trivandrum
Infinity 750kbps UL plan.
In the past 2.5 months the BB was down only once and that too was resolved within 30mins after reporting. So service various from place to place.
But the TATA - 384 kbps/1.5Mbps (10-8) + Sunday 1.5Mbps UL for 1375/month plan has a FUP of 68GB~ and after which Tata ppl may call u and ask u to upgrade.

Airtel - 1299 plan with 512kbps/1Mbps (10-6) has a FUP of 100GB after which the speeds are halved.

I am using Tata Indicom's Wimax 512kbps unlimited plan. Has observed a downtime once or twice which were resolved within one hour. Torrents work fine. No problem so far. I have used Airtel too and their customer service is quite good. Due this reason only I would recommend Airtel over Tata Indicom.

PS: I shifted home and in my new apartment Airtel doesn't provides service. Hence stuck with Tata Indicom.

First check which of the 3 other ISPs you have mentioned here, do provide service in your area. Airtel for example has very limited coverage!

Best would be call and ask these ISP:)

RAH7747 said:
1) BSNL itself.. 512kbps UL for Rs. 1350/month.

2) Airtel - 1299 plan with 512kbps/1Mbps (10-6).

3) Reliance - 1499 plan with 1Mbps UL

4) TATA - 384 kbps/1.5Mbps (10-8) + Sunday 1.5Mbps UL for 1375/month.

None of these ISPs render service for your location...

anfjavid said:
None of these ISPs render service for your location...

"Somewhere in the middle of nowhere"
So you saw this and replied?? :rofl: Nice one.. :bleh:

Anyway, I called up Airtel and they told that they'll send a guy over tomo and let me know about the possibilities. I want to know about Reliance as not much is talked about them. Does anyone use their wired broadband service?

Regarding TATA, I don't want their wireless connection and from a lot of reviews, I read that their service is horrible. So, I am not inclined towards that as much.

Hoping on Airtel for now.. :D

RAH7747 said:
"Somewhere in the middle of nowhere"
So you saw this and replied?? :rofl: Nice one.. :bleh:

Anyway, I called up Airtel and they told that they'll send a guy over tomo and let me know about the possibilities. I want to know about Reliance as not much is talked about them. Does anyone use their wired broadband service?

Regarding TATA, I don't want their wireless connection and from a lot of reviews, I read that their service is horrible. So, I am not inclined towards that as much.

Hoping on Airtel for now.. :D

Airtel is best...you won't regret for sure !!!

Ok sadly, as I expected, Airtel isn't available near my place because there isn't a pole nearby and they need at least 3 customers in one area to set a new one up! I can't find 2 others, so I will have to settle for reliance or tata.. :(

I think I'll try reliance for now as tata wired broadband hasn't got great reviews elsewhere..

Back