Reliance Broadband in Delhi

asingh

Staff member
Super Mod
Is anyone using Reliance Broadband (wired) in Delhi. How is the service and up time..? I am interested in their unlimited Thunder plans. Most importantly, do they throttle P2p. How are the UL speeds, this is important..?

Any other pointers and critique would be welcome..!

I am using the 2MBPS plan in Gurgaon. Prepare to see a downtime of couple of days every month. When it works, it works good. Also you might want to avoid using their DNS servers.

They don't throttle anything. I get full bandwidth everywhere.

I am using the 2MBPS plan in Gurgaon. Prepare to see a downtime of couple of days every month. When it works, it works good. Also you might want to avoid using their DNS servers.

They don't throttle anything. I get full bandwidth everywhere.

Which dns are you using? I cant open their login page when on google or open dns.

Which dns are you using? I cant open their login page when on google or open dns.

If this is the only issue that is stopping you from using Google/Open DNS, why not overcome it by using the IP Aaddress of Reliance web login page 220.224.142.229 directly from your browser while on Google/Open DNS. This is what I do.

If this is the only issue that is stopping you from using Google/Open DNS, why not overcome it by using the IP Aaddress of Reliance web login page 220.224.142.229 directly from your browser while on Google/Open DNS. This is what I do.

After the system logs me out i cant open the login page even with the ip address. There is no connectivity until i switch back to reliance dns and wait a few mins. If i open the page to relogin before the system logs me out i can access the site without any problems.

My understanding is that DNS servers resolve domain names to their IP addresses. If Reliance IP address is used directly, it does not matter which DNS server one uses (as there in no resolution required), does it?

Any comparison with MTNL , plans are cheaper then MTNL
Lately there are very frequent disconnections in MTNL (line issue)
About downtime , how frequent are they and for what duration

My understanding is that DNS servers resolve domain names to their IP addresses. If Reliance IP address is used directly, it does not matter which DNS server one uses (as there in no resolution required), does it?

I understand what you are trying to say but i have tried and it just does not connect to the login page once i get logged out.

Back