Reliance Cuts 3G Tariffs by 50%, 1GB 3G Now Costs Rs 123

@swatkats That's on topic actually :)

Airtel's 4G is also not compatible with mainstream phones such as the Lumia 920, SIII and iPhone 5. I think they use the 2.3GHz frequencies.

Yes ours is 2300Mhz or 2.3Ghz Frequency. Right now there are no phones i guess supporting that frequency.
But Videocon is planning to launch 4G Data services on 1800Mhz where our present Smartphones with LTE support should work.[DOUBLEPOST=1374413161][/DOUBLEPOST]
Don't expect 4G on phones to be cheap especially in initial stages and they are also going to cap speeds and put fcking FUP. Anyone who believes otherwise is living in a figment of imagination.

Cannot really Speculate on that thing. On paper It should be a lot cheaper than what Airtel has been offering right now.
But one thing is clear Prices are gonna drop like anything once RJIL is hitting the market. I can tell you that. The way the man is dealing is Quite appreciable.

Last edited by a moderator:
In which part of the world have you seen this? 1Gbit/s on 4G?
Providers are struggling hard to provide 40-50mbit/s( Overseas) Speeds and you are talking about up to 1gbit/s? Oh may be you're talking about the tests which are going on.. don't see that happen at least in next 5 years in India.

3G tariff plans are Costly because the Spectrum which the operators bought was at an higher price and Cost of 3G equipment is also higher.
where as 4G Spectrum was cheap and the 4G Equipments are also cheaper.
Airtel 4G plans are purely designed for milking customers. They could do 20gb for 1k but that will only happen when there are multiple 4G providers (competition)

Precisely, They are in a plan to collect the Amount they lost during auctions That is why they launched earlier than other operators.
For Example: Airtel will be spending nearly 8,300 Crore for spectrum in 8 circles. (1040Cr per circle)
- Reliance Jio Infocomm bought spectrum in 22 circles for nearly 12,900crore. (586 Crore for Each circle) :p

Airtel is an fool. Looks like i completely deviated the Actual Topic.. Anyways everyone needs to know this :)
Im talking about theoretical capability of technology ...
Like hspa+ has 21mbps max potential which started from hspa 3.6
LTE has 100mbps and lte advanced will have 1gbps potential[DOUBLEPOST=1374415768][/DOUBLEPOST]Im really confused now ....
I planning to buy MIFI device for my ipad and macbook air ...

I saw a device tp link m5350 and its supports hspa+ only and is near 5k
One device on ebay is 3k zte mf61 mifi

Im confused that spending that much money on a device coz airtel lte ismsame price nowdays

Whatever the price of spectrum and 3G spectrum being costly than 4G, this does not matter to end user and also these companies are no saint, they will never want to pass the benefits to customers. So even if they got 4G spectrum free, they will still advertise the hell out of 4G and sell overpriced hardware and even more overpriced plans.
Don't expect 4G on phones to be cheap especially in initial stages and they are also going to cap speeds and put fcking FUP. Anyone who believes otherwise is living in a figment of imagination.

Like Airtel is already doing.. Capping speeds to 10Mbps for 4g.. Sucks!

I think banning tethering on a limited plan makes no sense - especially when the broadband stops working. On unlimited plans - understandable.

As for using in a dongle - they could find out - depends on several factors.

Anyways, I am planning to get a new card and see the speeds. Looking at getting a 3G Tab, so will use it in that.

I have been reading up about 4G recently for taking the Airtel 4G connection. I was wondering why Airtel has taken on a frequency which is not compatible with any of the existing Phones.

The fault or blunder is with the Government of India. It seems the frequency used in the existing phones is used by the defense department now. So they have auctioned 4G at a different frequency.

So if we have to have 4G compatible with the existing phones, Government of India has to take action and free that frequency.

Airtel would be making more money if their 4G is compatible with the existing phones. It is in their interest. But they can not do anything about it.

How is the Reliance 3G connectivity in Borivali area ?
After 2 weeks i need to no work from home for one week and if my MTNL internet goes down, i will have to rely on some sort of 3G thing.
I plan to take reliance sim card and activate 3G plan on it.
I know dongle usage is not permitted but can i put the SIM in some android / iPhone and do the wifi hotspot thing ?

LTE initially will come on Dongle, that's the 1st phase as targeted by Reliance

2nd phase of Reliance will be to launch 4G on mobile with CS fallback on 3G using Reliance Infocomm network. They have made a huge business tie up.

First acquire customers by 'gimmick' which lasted roughly for 4.5 months & now squeeze those customers.

Also now all those text messages from Voda would be stopped which said 2GB in 251, as a one time offer.

First acquire customers by 'gimmick' which lasted roughly for 4.5 months & now squeeze those customers.

true. Also, as always they give caller tunes and then say, probably you activated it, which in fact I never ever did! Also those something called VAS USSD charges or something? cuts 4rupees every 2 weeks for no reason. gawd dammit I am sick with RL's shit.

true. Also, as always they give caller tunes and then say, probably you activated it, which in fact I never ever did! Also those something called VAS USSD charges or something? cuts 4rupees every 2 weeks for no reason. gawd dammit I am sick with RL's shit.

More or less it applies to every operator out there.

Back