Reliance Jio Rollout

Hehe, don't forget who the parent company is. They're certainly not doing this out of the kindness of their hearts, they're aggressively and ruthlessly trying to capture maximum market. Anyway, for now, yes, what's happening is good.

No company does anything out of their goodness of their heart, at least not in India. Its all about disruption like the original RCOM did, and capturing the market.

This is a good point that was given by a collegue - will Jio become better post 31st? He says that if the number of Jio users will be even 50% of current, there would just be a marginal improvement.

Reliance Jio crosses 108 million subscribers, claims to be largest data usage network

“Reliance Jio continues its rapid ramp-up of subscriber base and as of 31 March, 2017, there were 108.9 million subscribers on the network,” Reliance Jio said in a statement.
With more than 11 Petabytes of data traffic per month and 2.2 Billion voice and video minutes a day, “Reliance Jio has become the largest network globally” in terms of data carried and contributed to India becoming the leading country in the world for mobile data usage.

“Reliance Jio users are today consuming nearly as much data as on all the mobile networks in the US and 50% more data than mobile networks in China in a clear indication that India will adopt digitisation and digital life faster than anyone else in the world,” the statement said.

http://www.livemint.com/Industry/wV...s-108-million-subscribers-claims-to-be-l.html

These figures are not individual subscribers, rather the number of connections or sims 'sold'. I myself have 3 sims, and when i went with a friend to get him a sim, they pretty much forced him to take two. He's using one and just dumped the other one at home. I heard they're looking at 200mn now, but people should be aware how they're calculating it. Not that it matters anyway.

p.s. just because a large percentage of india's massive population is using a sh!tload of free sims and data doesn't mean the country automatically becomes ultra modern and digital. the media is spinning a whole lot of nothing into fairytales. Like this article. The title says something, but the content is some hypothetical (could be accurate too) predictions by a research firm.

These figures are not individual subscribers, rather the number of connections or sims 'sold'. I myself have 3 sims, and when i went with a friend to get him a sim, they pretty much forced him to take two. He's using one and just dumped the other one at home. I heard they're looking at 200mn now, but people should be aware how they're calculating it. Not that it matters anyway.

p.s. just because a large percentage of india's massive population is using a sh!tload of free sims and data doesn't mean the country automatically becomes ultra modern and digital. the media is spinning a whole lot of nothing into fairytales. Like this article. The title says something, but the content is some hypothetical (could be accurate too) predictions by a research firm.
They're selling "Digital India". Now Mudi will stand in election rally and say "Mitroon India is now the biggest consumer of data". If only watching Videos with cleavage thumbnails and erotic baity titles on Youtube meant anything.. Imagine, would we say something like this if we consumed the most amount of TV time in the world? :D
You'll find that it has infact become a nuisance with workers, and others watching videos on youtube/whatsapp during work time etc. Almost like a portable tv with no way to check its usage. I've seen traffic police sitting under a shady tree and watching p^orn during working hours on Jio phone. Honestly its just more meaningless shit. Except that some kids will get access than we did and might do something of consequence. Rest 99.99% will just consume stupid shit on it. (Not that I think other countries are any better, hence comparison to tv.)

^^ Very well said. I'm just sad that more people don't see through the 'independent' media and govt. propaganda bs...

on my jio connection I am not able to open google , youtube, gmail for last two days.

anybody experiencing same. I am using google dns

Edit: Add wikipedia too

Yeah, I seem to be facing similar connectivity issues with my Airtel 4G wifi CPE device for the past few days. I use google DNS too.

Any idea if there are any data CPE/dongle devices (wifi) that can do CA (carrier aggregation) with Jio 4G to get speeds approaching 100 mbps?

I guess I've seen 80+ mbps speedtest results posted online for some mobile phones which apparently support CA.

Any idea if there are any data CPE/dongle devices (wifi) that can do CA (carrier aggregation) with Jio 4G to get speeds approaching 100 mbps?

I guess I've seen 80+ mbps speedtest results posted online for some mobile phones which apparently support CA.

Looking for a WWAN dongle which will do Jio. Planning to get a thinkpad...

Doesn't the provider have to make the n/w CA ready? Or is it already? Inside the RCP campus, a source had seen ~80 down and almost 100up on a lenovo phone i think. This was during the employee testing period.

Yep, and I believe Jio has CA-enabled their networks in a few locations, including Mumbai/Pune IINM, hence wanted to check if routers/dongles are available for it.

The Snapdragon 430 supports CA, but not sure what type (intra/inter). Now whether my redmi 3s prime has this at all is completely unknown.

Here's a SS from NSG on my phone. My home is in a crap n/w area so i'll see if i can test it again in a better area. Could actually go to the RCP area to test, but without knowing if my phone supports it, it's no use...

Screenshot_2017-06-12-18-26-18_com.qtrun.QuickTest.png

I might be mistaken but IIRC Jio's CA is on Band 3 and 5.... your screenshot is currently showing "1 carrier(s)" on Band 40. And appears that your phone does support bands 3 and 5.

So maybe you should plan a visit to this RCP area to check if this NSG app shows "2 carrier(s)" on B3+B5 :D

Though this page does not list your phone: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_devices_with_LTE_Advanced#Xiaomi so maybe even though the CPU supports CA the phone is using a non-CA-capable modem.

Back