Reliance Jio Rollout

Boss all three handsets don't support carrier aggregation. You may want to try with handset supporting carrier aggregation.
Ok i googled that technology and it is fairly new and very few phones support it.
Still it is no excuse that it took 2min for me to load this page.
They should atleast provide decent speed of 10mbps at all times.

So they came up with new offer.....
12c227a79fa5ca1bfdb4a6276196f17a.jpg

As of now only Verizon and t mobile usa are doing triple carrier aggregation.

In Indian scenario, jio should start it next year once basic network stabilizes.
Idea also might do it.

Triple carrier is meant for >500mbps speed. I doubt how much will deliver actually.[DOUBLEPOST=1498033363][/DOUBLEPOST]I think they would achieve around 150-200 Mbps speed on triple carrier.
Completely agree this is more a theoretical discussion and wireless speeds are anyways higher for most ppl at home

Reliance Jio to acquire mobile business assets of RCom

"Reliance Jio Infocomm Limited (RJIL) or its nominees will acquire assets under four categories –
Towers,
Optic Fiber Cable Network (OFC),
Spectrum and Media,
Convergence Nodes (MCN)
from RCOM and its affiliates. These assets are strategic in nature and are expected to contribute significantly to the large scale roll-out of wireless and Fiber-to-Home and Enterprise services by RJIL,"
Reliance Jio said in a statement.

According to the deal, Reliance Jio will acquire RCom's assets such as:

- 122.4 MHz of 4G Spectrum in the 800/900/1800/2100 MHz bands
- Over 43,000 towers , amongst the top 3 independent tower holdings in India
- Approximately 1,78,000 RKM of fiber with pan India footprint
- 248 Media Convergence Nodes, covering ~5 Million sqft used for hosting telecom infrastructure

The deal is slated to bring relief to RCom which is reeling under debt of around Rs45,000 crore. Reliance Jio or its nominees will acquire assets under four categories—towers, optic fiber cable network (”OFC”), spectrum and media convergence nodes (”MCN”) from RCom and its affiliates.

“These assets are strategic in nature and are expected to contribute significantly to the large scale roll-out of wireless and Fiber-to-Home and Enterprise services by RJIL,” the statement said. Reliance Jio will acquire all the assets without any previous liabilities attached to them.

Last edited:
Brother bailing out brother. On the news of RJio acquiring all the assets of RCom, the RCom share has witnessed a rise by leaps and bounds. Its a win-win for both the brothers but a loss for shareholders. Please think twice before investing in this asset-less company.

I never understood from the beginning, why jio didn't work out deal with rcom for 2g/3g network for allround network and limit itself for 4g only users? They would have got lot more user base with that. They were supposed to work out with bsnl also for the same reasons according to some speculations.

I never understood from the beginning, why jio didn't work out deal with rcom for 2g/3g network for allround network and limit itself for 4g only users? They would have got lot more user base with that. They were supposed to work out with bsnl also for the same reasons according to some speculations.
They even made a deal with BSNL for 2G coverage some 2years back, Don't understand why its not still ON.

https://www.medianama.com/2016/03/223-reliance-jio-intracircle-roaming-bsnl-towers/

May be they got a great bargain deal after rcom gone kaput which wouldnt have been the case with bsnl and rcom while in business also.

May be this was also part of long term plan. To make other company go kaput and later take benefit of the misery. That very well fits in the books too.

Bro.. I think I shd b having above 75 Mbps speed.. what router you are using and how much speed you are getting from WiFi?
Sorry for being little off topic.

Back