Reliance Jio Rollout

CCI approves deal selling RCom's assets to Jio

Anil Ambani-led Reliance Communication’s (RCom) to sell its wireless business and associated infrastructure to Reliance Jio has been approved by the Competition Commission of India (CCI).

https://www.medianama.com/2018/03/223-cci-approves-deal-selling-rcoms-assets-to-jio/

----------------------------------

Recap:

Reliance Jio to acquire mobile business assets of RCom

Reliance Jio said in a statement.

According to the deal, Reliance Jio will acquire RCom's assets such as:

- 122.4 MHz of 4G Spectrum in the 800/900/1800/2100 MHz bands
- Over 43,000 towers , amongst the top 3 independent tower holdings in India
- Approximately 1,78,000 RKM of fiber with pan India footprint
- 248 Media Convergence Nodes, covering ~5 Million sqft used for hosting telecom infrastructure

The deal is slated to bring relief to RCom which is reeling under debt of around Rs45,000 crore. Reliance Jio or its nominees will acquire assets under four categories—towers, optic fiber cable network (”OFC”), spectrum and media convergence nodes (”MCN”) from RCom and its affiliates.

“These assets are strategic in nature and are expected to contribute significantly to the large scale roll-out of wireless and Fiber-to-Home and Enterprise services by RJIL,” the statement said. Reliance Jio will acquire all the assets without any previous liabilities attached to them.

Last edited:
Reliance Jio's entry led to $10 billion annual savings: Report

“As per our calculations, even the most conservative estimate shows that due to Reliance Jio’s entry, the annual financial savings to the consumers would be to the tune of $10 billion,” said the IFC report.

According to the report, econometric analysis shows that through widespread network effects, Reliance Jio’s entry would boost India’s GDP by about 5.65%, if everything else in the Indian economy remains constant.

https://www.livemint.com/Industry/B...ntry-would-boost-India-GDP-by-565-everyt.html

Reliance Jio's entry led to $10 billion annual savings: Report

“As per our calculations, even the most conservative estimate shows that due to Reliance Jio’s entry, the annual financial savings to the consumers would be to the tune of $10 billion,” said the IFC report.

According to the report, econometric analysis shows that through widespread network effects, Reliance Jio’s entry would boost India’s GDP by about 5.65%, if everything else in the Indian economy remains constant.

https://www.livemint.com/Industry/B...ntry-would-boost-India-GDP-by-565-everyt.html
I mean really tho. we were paying ****ing 200rs per gb for one month 28 days before. ****ing airtel mc

Earlier, my bills used to be around 1.5K monthly + GST, out of pocket since I refused company SIM. For my family, earlier about 350 per month with no internet. Now, 450 for them as well.

In the end, Jio did bring down the cost. This month, I ported my primary number to Jio, fed up with Airtel network...

So how many lakhs did you save?

Hahaha....

About 1k monthly :p[DOUBLEPOST=1523212298][/DOUBLEPOST]
So India's current gdp growth rate is a claimed ~7% and jio will make it over 12.65% ???

I don't think so - the shuttering down of 2 telecom operators (RCom, Aircel) and mergers of remaining 3 (Tata Tele, Telenor and Vodafone-Idea combine) would shrink the telecom sector and the GDP as well?

Last edited:
^^ Yeah, most normal people save around 500 to 1k per month. To save lakhs would mean a monthly spend of 5k+ per month which is pretty much impossible without ISD. And if someone's using that much mobile data instead of broadband, well :rolleyes:

That livemint article is based on a report by some institute, which is obviously twisting stats to fit their agenda, whatever it is.

Earlier, my bills used to be around 1.5K monthly + GST, out of pocket since I refused company SIM. For my family, earlier about 350 per month with no internet. Now, 450 for them as well.

In the end, Jio did bring down the cost. This month, I ported my primary number to Jio, fed up with Airtel network...
Wait till mota bhai kills all competition.

^^ Yeah, most normal people save around 500 to 1k per month. To save lakhs would mean a monthly spend of 5k+ per month which is pretty much impossible without ISD. And if someone's using that much mobile data instead of broadband, well :rolleyes:

Hahaha.... I guess so !
Made me do a quick math on my saving.

Over last 25 months that I've been on Jio I've spent on one 999 voucher & rest 399/449 voucher. Net approx cost for 25 months come to Rs 2395 (Free 10 months + 99 Prime + 999 + 399 +449 + 449)

I was an Idea cellular postpaid user, 1599 plan (5000 min - o/g, i/c, roaming PM & 8Gb data pm), billing amount 18xx. Net cost = (1850x25) = Rs 46250

Saving = 46,250 - 2395 = Rs 43,855 in approx 2 years , This makes some sense :D

Percent = 94.8% :eek::eek:

This is also very true. Wait till they are the monopoly, would rates still be ridiculously low or rip-off high?

There is another case, that also needs to considered. Rates will be same but quality of service will be pathetic. It has already started happening with jio, same was the case with rcom as well. Rcom had 10gb per month plan for 100 bucks probably. But with their sh!t service or throttled connection, i could not even use 500 mb in a month.

Now also with jio, getting 2g speeds almost all the time. They keep giving excuse of congestion. But upgrading network setup according to demand is also their responsibility isnt it? Speeds in their free trial period were far better than current conditions. I rather regret making advance recharges for jio till sept 2018, which i did last year with old plan conditions too.

Service is pathetic and by luring high speeds initially and cheap rates, they have fooled many customers. Rcom also was selling their cdma annual plans and then vanished at random, abandoning service.

There is another case, that also needs to considered. Rates will be same but quality of service will be pathetic. It has already started happening with jio, same was the case with rcom as well. Rcom had 10gb per month plan for 100 bucks probably. But with their sh!t service or throttled connection, i could not even use 500 mb in a month.

Now also with jio, getting 2g speeds almost all the time. They keep giving excuse of congestion. But upgrading network setup according to demand is also their responsibility isnt it? Speeds in their free trial period were far better than current conditions. I rather regret making advance recharges for jio till sept 2018, which i did last year with old plan conditions too.

Service is pathetic and by luring high speeds initially and cheap rates, they have fooled many customers. Rcom also was selling their cdma annual plans and then vanished at random, abandoning service.

Not just with Jio, the same is happening with Airtel and Vodafone.

Back