Reliance Jio Rollout

For me vodafone has gone to hell now in my area but jio is still doing ok. so i recharged with a 149 pack. that's another thing. no use going for 349/399 etc. Monthly savings over the 149 are barely 15-20 bucks. i would rather spend that much more that be stuck in case i want to change to someone else later.

I wonder if it is just as simple as setting up more more sites to handle more users. I say this because when we have mega events where 20K people are going to gather on a single ground, the ground has mobile sites all around, Probably like 4-5 sites covering a 500 SqM area, and still 4G does not work. Any EC engineer can throw some light?

There is one thing I am constantly noticing with Jio. Whenever I call someone who is not connected to the network ie no network or some other network issues, there is a false ring. Lot of times I am telling people that I called them 6-7 times only for them to turn around and show their phones - zero missed calls.

This actually might be boosting people's perception about Jio's network. People might be believing Jio's network is okay while it's not.

T-Mobile has been fined for $40 million in US just for doing something similar:
https://www.fastcodesign.com/901684...th-a-40-million-fine-for-its-deceptive-design

So, I wonder what is DoT or the babu's in Ambani's pocket are going to do.

There is one thing I am constantly noticing with Jio. Whenever I call someone who is not connected to the network ie no network or some other network issues, there is a false ring. Lot of times I am telling people that I called them 6-7 times only for them to turn around and show their phones - zero missed calls.

This actually might be boosting people's perception about Jio's network. People might be believing Jio's network is okay while it's not.

https://www.fastcodesign.com/901684...th-a-40-million-fine-for-its-deceptive-design

I agree with this assessment. I too often get ring tones but the other party never gets the call.

In my case, certain jio to jio calls connect but one party can't hear the other. Happens when either party calls the other. After 2-3 attempts, both can hear each other.

In fact for the past few days, I get a message on JIO that the customer I am calling is currently on a call and to try back later. If the other party is really on a call shouldn't I be getting a message to Hold or call later instead of just call later. I fell for this cheap trick so many times.

When I try calling using an Airtel Sim, I get the message that the customer is out of coverage area. BTW, I am trying to reach an Airtel customer using both JIO and Airtel.

In my case, certain jio to jio calls connect but one party can't hear the other. Happens when either party calls the other. After 2-3 attempts, both can hear each other.
Call Mute issue. After raising 6 complaints i got this problem rectified. Happens due to overloading of towers.

Created a thread on this... https://techenclave.com/community/threads/faking-calls-t-mobile-usa-slapped-with-40m-fine.187116/

Reliance Jio announces net profit of Rs 510 crores in Q4;
total subscriber base increases to 186 million

RJIL also shared several interesting nuggets in its latest report, which are summarised below:

1. Reliance Jio added a total of 27.9 million users during the period, and while it witnessed the churn of 1.4 million subscribers – its monthly churn rate of 0.25 percent is lowest in the industry.
  2. Total data consumption reached 506 crores GB in the Q4 – registering a growth of 17.4 percent q-o-q
  3. Total voice calls during the quarter reached 37,218 crore minutes
  4. On an average, subscribers consumed 9.7GB of 4G data per month and made 716 minutes of voice calls per month
  5. The period saw total video consumption of 240 crore hours per month, in comparison to 200 crore hours per month in the previous quarter
  6. The average video consumption in the just-ended quarter was 13.8 hours per user per month (vs 13.4 hours per user per month in the Q3)
  7. Its ARPU (average revenue per user) during the Q4 was Rs 137.1 per subscriber per month

Any one received Jio Cricket Pack for Free - I received the same in all 4 Jio SIM, Two of them are even not recharge after December 2017.

Reliance Jio announces net profit of Rs 510 crores in Q4;
total subscriber base increases to 186 million

RJIL also shared several interesting nuggets in its latest report, which are summarised below:

1. Reliance Jio added a total of 27.9 million users during the period, and while it witnessed the churn of 1.4 million subscribers – its monthly churn rate of 0.25 percent is lowest in the industry.
  2. Total data consumption reached 506 crores GB in the Q4 – registering a growth of 17.4 percent q-o-q
  3. Total voice calls during the quarter reached 37,218 crore minutes
  4. On an average, subscribers consumed 9.7GB of 4G data per month and made 716 minutes of voice calls per month
  5. The period saw total video consumption of 240 crore hours per month, in comparison to 200 crore hours per month in the previous quarter
  6. The average video consumption in the just-ended quarter was 13.8 hours per user per month (vs 13.4 hours per user per month in the Q3)
  7. Its ARPU (average revenue per user) during the Q4 was Rs 137.1 per subscriber per month
sahi khel gaya bc

Back