Reliance Jio Rollout

They need to target 150 ARPU based on legacy, but if all are paying, they can even target a lower ARPU, since everyone needs to pay to use, even for incoming.

Doesn't jio have a grace period, where you can make incoming but not outgoing calls after your plan expires?

They need to target 150 ARPU based on legacy, but if all are paying, they can even target a lower ARPU, since everyone needs to pay to use, even for incoming.
I talked with a jio guy at my regular tea stall. He says until fiber is live and all 3 modes of communication (TV, Internet and phone calls) are bought into circulation, mota bhai is not concerned about ARPU. Even with these current ARPU, Jio is making a profit. Actual milking of customer starts after fiber is widely rolled out and becomes live for customer. And we know Airtel can't compete for shit against jio in that front

Doesn't jio have a grace period, where you can make incoming but not outgoing calls after your plan expires?

Yes, but I doubt thats going to bring down the ARPU because very few - and I mean its negligible, will do that. Most people will stop recharging their AVoId numbers instead.

once their tripay pay packages start ie single payment for all calls/internet/TV, I think many people are gonna opt for jio. Its still 2~3 years away I think on that front. After majority of marketshare is got by jio, the actual milking will start. Thats why airtel is already testing giving out amazon prime and netflix subscriptions with their broadband plans.

Low pricing will be the only way to gain market share.

More than the ISPs it's the cable-wallah and DTH guys who will hurt more. IPTV will be the Trojan horse.

On the ISP front, if they go big in tier 2 and tier 3 cities then more power to them... none of the big players have any decent foothold outside of the big tier 1 cities.

I'd love for Gigabit speeds with no FUP and decent pricing.

But seeing as I'm already on Hathway, I've become their customer - willing or not.

I talked with a jio guy at my regular tea stall. He says until fiber is live and all 3 modes of communication (TV, Internet and phone calls) are bought into circulation, mota bhai is not concerned about ARPU. Even with these current ARPU, Jio is making a profit. Actual milking of customer starts after fiber is widely rolled out and becomes live for customer. And we know Airtel can't compete for shit against jio in that front

once their tripay pay packages start ie single payment for all calls/internet/TV, I think many people are gonna opt for jio. Its still 2~3 years away I think on that front. After majority of marketshare is got by jio, the actual milking will start. Thats why airtel is already testing giving out amazon prime and netflix subscriptions with their broadband plans.

Do you guys mean home phones and calls? Who uses them these days? I did not take it with Airtel even though they were giving it for free... all my calls are anyways already free on Jio.

Just the ISP and cable TV/OTT should be the pitch methinks. Calls and mobile data they are already winning... why add something else to the mix on that front?

^ landline probably costs 500~1000rs wholesale. many businesses still take landline if they can. plus adding a landline will not cost any money to jio
It will - either to Jio or the individual.

Airtel said free calls, but I need to provide instrument. I do have a couple of Panasonic cordless phones lying around, but I still wasn't interested.

If Jio needs to start providing the phone hardware it will add to the overheads, they are already taking a hit on the Gigabit router. I really don't think folks will want to buy local home phone hardware even for free calls.

Then again Jio could take out another loan to cover the cost of hardware... at no cost to them. But do they have local landline telephony license?

Jio will provide telephony service to the customer, but wont give their handset for free. I think they will do an Airtel and offer the same for 49 or 99.

It will - either to Jio or the individual.

Airtel said free calls, but I need to provide instrument. I do have a couple of Panasonic cordless phones lying around, but I still wasn't interested.

If Jio needs to start providing the phone hardware it will add to the overheads, they are already taking a hit on the Gigabit router. I really don't think folks will want to buy local home phone hardware even for free calls.

Then again Jio could take out another loan to cover the cost of hardware... at no cost to them. But do they have local landline telephony license?
I think they have license for VOIP which is what the landline will use

Betting Big? o_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_O

DqbxYLoWsAAqs3P.jpg

DqbxYf7WoAAtpOa.jpg

DqbxZJwW4AAj7mx.jpg

To be very honest, I've been thinking of not going for Jio Gigafiber. I'm afraid this cheap broadband-high speed service, might be a Huge Data mine for Mr.Ambani who is always good at working with the Govt's.

I might try to bargain with my ISP when it actually launches. #Paranoid

True. I'm not so happy about Hathway being taken by Reliance either. I just hope I don't end up with a TINA situation

To be very honest, I've been thinking of not going for Jio Gigafiber. I'm afraid this cheap broadband-high speed service, might be a Huge Data mine for Mr.Ambani who is always good at working with the Govt's.

I might try to bargain with my ISP when it actually launches. #Paranoid

True. I'm not so happy about Hathway being taken by Reliance either. I just hope I don't end up with a TINA situation

Just like the telcos most of the ISPs won't be able to complete on pricing alone. I have 3 currently - Airtel, Hathway and ACT. Hathway was already the cheapest and yet they have an offer going on for 50% discount for life currently... and they are the only ones giving me no FUP.

I've been asking ACT to increase FUP for 2 moths now, and they haven't bothered... considering they charge me 3 times more, I'll probably be stopping them after current subscription runs out.

I just don't see the competition being able to match on pricing, speed, and data. Throw in DTH/Cable TV at a discount and Jio is going to certainly upset the applecart for sure.

I was just looking at 5g and apparently it has a tower capacity of 20/10 gbit/s. That would be sufficient to give 200mbit unlimited connection to 2000 people with 1:20 contention. That could be bad for companies like ACT and maybe one reason why Hathway and Den sold out. I think Tata might also be in trouble with its DTH and leased line service under attack.

Personally I'm not going to get Jio but hope it brings some changes, especially in cable tv. Also, i won't be surprised if folks like Airtel, ACT already do data mining. Its not like they don't indulge in malpractices to further their business and the Govt probably loves that. Though jio monopoly would a worst scenario

Reliance Jio To Replace Bharti Airtel As Service Provider To Railways

- Reliance Jio Infocomm Ltd. will serve the country’s largest and most sought-after accounts in telecom — the Indian Railways — from Jan. 1, with officials saying it is likely to slash the national transporter’s phone bills by around 35 percent at least.

- Railways has been using Bharti Airtel Ltd. for over six years as its telecom provider for 1.95 lakh mobile phone connections used by its employees in closed user group across the country for which the railways paid around Rs 100 crore bill a year, they said.

- Reliance Jio Infocomm Ltd. will serve the country’s largest and most sought-after accounts in telecom — the Indian Railways — from Jan. 1, with officials saying it is likely to slash the national transporter’s phone bills by around 35 percent at least.

- Railways has been using Bharti Airtel Ltd. for over six years as its telecom provider for 1.95 lakh mobile phone connections used by its employees in closed user group across the country for which the railways paid around Rs 100 crore bill a year, they said.

What's the big deal with Jio Fibre? The plans are shitty compared to both ACT and Airtel. They are currently laying OFC in our premises, but don't see them capturing any customers in the higher end. ACT is providing 200 Mbps with 1.5TB fup and Airtel provides 300Mbps with same fup for Rs 2000. Jio is asking Rs3500 per month for 200Mbps with 750GB fup.

Back