Reliance Jio Rollout

i'm pretty sure that a non imei locked sim can be used in a mifi but not the other way around.

Guys. Does anyone know if the jiofi device can be bought alone without a sim card? I already have a jio sim and want to use that in the jiofi device, without buying a new sim again.
Bought one last night simcard is free with the device, Take it with the device use it if u want to or else throw it and use ur current one with the FI.

@logistopath the sim comes with the device, but im sure you can refuse to accept it. If not, and they make u take it, im sure you will find many takers for the sim :)[DOUBLEPOST=1474224431][/DOUBLEPOST]
Bought one last night simcard is free with the device, Take it with the device use it if u want to or else throw it and use ur current one with the FI.

How is the new jiofi device compared to the jiofi 2 device. Worth the upgrade?

My dealer in Mumbai says it will be available from next week. thanks for the contact @vivek.krishnan :)

All Issues Will Be Resolved With Reliance Jio In Few Weeks: Sunil Mittal said:
I have told my team and sent messages to Mukesh (Ambani) and his team. Let's ignore and resolve this. Every passing day and every passing week this will get resolved.
Though Mittal repeatedly appealed for settling issues with Jio, he said that "They (Jio) claim to be commercially launched but they are free for four month. How do you respond to that? Let this period pass through and I hope Trai will look in to this aspect of predatory pricing and we have already requested to Trai to look in to it

Heard rumor that free calls won't be there, other operators forced TRAI to intervene and stop such plans.
You sure about thia, As this will Kill Jio.
@logistopath the sim comes with the device, but im sure you can refuse to accept it. If not, and they make u take it, im sure you will find many takers for the sim :)[DOUBLEPOST=1474224431][/DOUBLEPOST]

How is the new jiofi device compared to the jiofi 2 device. Worth the upgrade?

My dealer in Mumbai says it will be available from next week. thanks for the contact @vivek.krishnan :)
No idea as have not used the earlier models.

I bought the MiFi device on Sunday, did the EKYC on Monday, and got an SMS 5 minutes later with my order number.
Nothing after that. But this morning the device connected to the 4G network, and I'm connected to the net. I haven't received an SMS for tele-verification as of yet, but I tried to tele-verify anyway.
However, the IVR told me that I was already tele-verified.
I tried to use the Jio4GVoice app on my phone, but though it detects the SIM, and I get OTP's on my alternate number, it doesn't connect.

I have the new MIFI device with the LED display. It's nice, and it's signal has better range than the LYF phone I was using. It can connect only 10 clients, which is less than the older device, but it's good enough for me.
Speeds and latency is a bit better than the LYF phone as well.

I bought the MiFi device on Sunday, did the EKYC on Monday, and got an SMS 5 minutes later with my order number.
Nothing after that. But this morning the device connected to the 4G network, and I'm connected to the net. I haven't received an SMS for tele-verification as of yet, but I tried to tele-verify anyway.
However, the IVR told me that I was already tele-verified.
I tried to use the Jio4GVoice app on my phone, but though it detects the SIM, and I get OTP's on my alternate number, it doesn't connect.

I have the new MIFI device with the LED display. It's nice, and it's signal has better range than the LYF phone I was using. It can connect only 10 clients, which is less than the older device, but it's good enough for me.
Speeds and latency is a bit better than the LYF phone as well.
Adhar ekyc do not need to call 1977 .. njoy !

Pune: I am noticing dead slow speeds from last 4-5 days here in East Pune. Not more than 2megs for download and < 6megs for upload. The ping latency is up and even youtube videos cant be streamed properly. Torrents worked fine though :bored:
Looks like the JIO party is over????

Yes....Jio is very slow in Kolkata too (N 24 Pgs)...Even popular youtube video streaming at 240p / 144p and that too with JioFi Dongle sitting almost outside under the sky...

I can't believe - I watched Apple Live Event on 7th in Full 1080p without any Lag with this same connection. Even I don't use my daily 4GB quota everyday.

Jio employee told me.. but not sure how much is true... Looking at the mittal's response, seems to be true!
No.... Voice calls to all networks will always be free for JIO customers.
Its legal and therefore no other operators can pressure JIO.

Pune: I am noticing dead slow speeds from last 4-5 days here in East Pune. Not more than 2megs for download and < 6megs for upload. The ping latency is up and even youtube videos cant be streamed properly. Torrents worked fine though :bored:
Looks like the JIO party is over????
Nevermind :) I reset the device and tried again ... the speeds are back to what I was getting earlier. 8-16megs download and about same upstream.
Infact I am getting those data usage messages again on my mobile. Dont remember seeing them for more than a week now. Which means there was some issue in the device settings.
Now its fine.
Anyone knows where I can look to know if there are any firmware updates for the device?

Ok, l do hope they will continue free calls after Dec 2016....but lets see!
Earlier jio employee told me ₹350 for 20gb data bt in reality its different . ;-)
No.... Voice calls to all networks will always be free for JIO customers.
Its legal and therefore no other operators can pressure JIO.
Though Mittal repeatedly appealed for settling issues with Jio, he said that "They (Jio) claim to be commercially launched but they are free for four month. How do you respond to that? Let this period pass through and I hope Trai will look in to this aspect of predatory pricing and we have already requested to Trai to look in to it

Their chief has announced. That's Mukesh Ambani we are talking about.
He won't go back on his promises.

With TRAI proposing to abolish the interconnect charge itself , where does this issue come in picture.

It's matter of time before IUC is abolished.

I am also seeing a drastic reduction in speed.

100 million users is a huge problem - not enough 4G handsets with the present users. Apparently, only 7% are 4G enabled as of last month.

To overcome this, Jio have already slashed their LYF handset prices. I was talking to a branch manager, they have been told further cuts in handset prices are expected.
Looking at the slow offtake and network / speed issues I expect that the "offer" would continue till March 2017, minimum.
No one in their senses would shift / MNP to Jio given the present interconnect problems. After all, a phone is for making calls, in the first place!

Back