Reliance Jio Rollout

No idea

Must be different for you in Pune, but here airtel sucks big time. Even on full coverage, users used to go hello hello hello. at one point of time, Connected calls would drop exactly at 1 Min 13 sec. So for me calls were pathetic on 2G. If they are good for you on 2 or 3 bars then good for you!! When the user on the other end said you sounded like a old radio station, was he on Jio too? because voice quality will be as good as the weakest link in the chain. So if the other person is on 2G/3G, the extra info that is being sent by Jio for your voice will be "dropped" by the recepient 2G/3G network.
It was Idea to BSNL and JIO to same BSNL no. Airtel in Pune is just as worst as it is elsewhere.
JIO to JIO I have seen the fastest call connectivity and good audio quality. but not everyone is going to talk JIO to JIO all the time. It has to be good cross operators also. BTW within seconds I called the same no from Idea and it was working fine. I was in good network area while using JIO so network coverage was definitely not an issue.
Lets face it JIO is good but not perfect. Call issues are there and being faced by not only me but many others too. So no point in defending them without reason. I know you are an employee but I am not against JIO. I am very much looking forward to shift my IDEA plan to a lower rental and use JIO for data.

It was Idea to BSNL and JIO to same BSNL no. Airtel in Pune is just as worst as it is elsewhere.
JIO to JIO I have seen the fastest call connectivity and good audio quality. but not everyone is going to talk JIO to JIO all the time. It has to be good cross operators also. BTW within seconds I called the same no from Idea and it was working fine. I was in good network area while using JIO so network coverage was definitely not an issue.
Lets face it JIO is good but not perfect. Call issues are there and being faced by not only me but many others too. So no point in defending them without reason. I know you are an employee but I am not against JIO. I am very much looking forward to shift my IDEA plan to a lower rental and use JIO for data.
Hey man I am not defending JIO. I work for Reliance Industries not JIO. If Jio performs good, I will not get a hike in salary nor will I get a cut if they perform poorly! I am just saying that your conclusion that Jio to other network voice quality is bad, may not be correct. Consider this analogy. You are downloading and uploading from a server which has a total bandwidth capacity of 10Gbps. While your home network is 1 Mbps. What will be the total transfer rate seen by you? It will be 1 Mbps isn't it? By the same logic, JIO has thrice the voice bandwidth of a 3G network and 6 times that of a 2G network. Also there is a translation taking place which will be dropping some data sent by Jio network to make it compatible with the less bandwidth capable 2G and 3G networks. Only EC engineer working with Jio will be able to clarify who is doing the translation, jio or the other network. We already know that other operators are not providing enough interconnects to Jio. Who knows they might be fiddling with voice quality from Jio also!

Hey man I am not defending JIO. I work for Reliance Industries not JIO. If Jio performs good, I will not get a hike in salary nor will I get a cut if they perform poorly! I am just saying that your conclusion that Jio to other network voice quality is bad, may not be correct. Consider this analogy. You are downloading and uploading from a server which has a total bandwidth capacity of 10Gbps. While your home network is 1 Mbps. What will be the total transfer rate seen by you? It will be 1 Mbps isn't it? By the same logic, JIO has thrice the voice bandwidth of a 3G network and 6 times that of a 2G network. Also there is a translation taking place which will be dropping some data sent by Jio network to make it compatible with the less bandwidth capable 2G and 3G networks. Only EC engineer working with Jio will be able to clarify who is doing the translation, jio or the other network. We already know that other operators are not providing enough interconnects to Jio. Who knows they might be fiddling with voice quality from Jio also!
Whatever be the case. Fact today is Jio can be relied for Data not for calling or using it as your primary contact no. (Atleast not for me as I cannot afford to miss important calls every now and then).College students or ppl using it as secondary no may think otherwise. So as of now JIO has lot to work on the voice calls front. Lets not forget majority of phone usage is still for voice calling. and its not going to change overnight. And if JIO cannot deliver on voice calls front its going to be trolled just like Reliance CDMA was trolled once. Remember those Dhirubhai jokes. "Beta call me on my BPL no. Reliance ka awaz nahi hain" or something like that. At very high level even that was a Data only technology. and it was supplemented with apps and video services. but it just became a joke. Then also Reliance had the best network infrastructure but the bottom line is all a caller cares is getting connected at first try and having a trouble free call. be it any operator. Today that does not seem to be the case with JIO. Jio may sight any reasons for that but does the consumer really care or will the consumer be that patient to hang on with JIO till all these issues really get rectified? If my home network is 1mbps I expect min 1mbps speed. Its not unknown to JIO that other networks are legacy technology and they need to work with them. Other operators are not going to upgrade their shit for JIO. Will they :)
Coming to the Rs50/GB wifi hotspot usage. Its currently available only in malls and such places. Where already Vodafone or Docomo provide free wifi for 45min. So I am pretty sure even that ain't going to be a path breaker.

Whatever be the case. Fact today is Jio can be relied for Data not for calling or using it as your primary contact no. (Atleast not for me as I cannot afford to miss important calls every now and then).College students or ppl using it as secondary no may think otherwise. So as of now JIO has lot to work on the voice calls front. Lets not forget majority of phone usage is still for voice calling. and its not going to change overnight. And if JIO cannot deliver on voice calls front its going to be trolled just like Reliance CDMA was trolled once. Remember those Dhirubhai jokes. "Beta call me on my BPL no. Reliance ka awaz nahi hain" or something like that. At very high level even that was a Data only technology. and it was supplemented with apps and video services. but it just became a joke. Then also Reliance had the best network infrastructure but the bottom line is all a caller cares is getting connected at first try and having a trouble free call. be it any operator. Today that does not seem to be the case with JIO. Jio may sight any reasons for that but does the consumer really care or will the consumer be that patient to hang on with JIO till all these issues really get rectified? If my home network is 1mbps I expect min 1mbps speed. Its not unknown to JIO that other networks are legacy technology and they need to work with them. Other operators are not going to upgrade their shit for JIO. Will they :)
Coming to the Rs50/GB wifi hotspot usage. Its currently available only in malls and such places. Where already Vodafone or Docomo provide free wifi for 45min. So I am pretty sure even that ain't going to be a path breaker.
The shift has already begun from voice to data! Calls are substituted by whatsapp messages. Even airtel wanted to charge more for VoIP calls remember?they sighted loss of revenue owing to VoIP call apps. Why would they do that if customer was still using old school GSM for voice calls? Customer now cares for internet and not calls. Want proof? look at the long lines at Reliance outlets. India is Data starved. When did business become working with the competitor to ease their difficulty? Name of the game is change. If you dont evolve you dont survive. That is what legacy networks will face if they dont adopt. Want proof? why airtel, idea, vodafone, aircel jump the gun and launch 4G? if only calls were important, and they were working fine on their 2G, 3G networks, then why even bother launching 4G?

The shift has already begun from voice to data! Calls are substituted by whatsapp messages. Even airtel wanted to charge more for VoIP calls remember?they sighted loss of revenue owing to VoIP call apps. Why would they do that if customer was still using old school GSM for voice calls? Customer now cares for internet and not calls. Want proof? look at the long lines at Reliance outlets. India is Data starved. When did business become working with the competitor to ease their difficulty? Name of the game is change. If you dont evolve you dont survive. That is what legacy networks will face if they dont adopt. Want proof? why airtel, idea, vodafone, aircel jump the gun and launch 4G? if only calls were important, and they were working fine on their 2G, 3G networks, then why even bother launching 4G?
Either you are acting dumb or you really dont understand the discussion here. Please dont drive the discussion elsewhere. I am not saying Data is not today's commodity. I know data is in demand and slowly everything is moving there. But even then the primary use of phones is still voice calls. Dont talk about cities where every home has wifi and smart phones. Visit other small towns and rural areas and you will understand that voice drives maximum revenues even today for other operators.
Forget the long queues outside Rstores. Its only coz its free. PPL in India will line up for any thing that is free. I have seen longer queues outside big bazaar when they were buying back "raddhi"(scrap newspapers) from ppl in exchange for BB coupons. Look at where BB is today. So queues dont depict the whole picture.
Regd Voip and other drama that Airtel did was only coz they got greedy and wanted to earn double on what they were already selling customers. debts and high license fees have put other operators in a ditch. Their freed and nexus to increase charges for everything is also one reason. But all that does not and I repeat DOES NOT constitute in making JIO better at voice calls. Only when calls to and from JIO to all operators will work 9 out of 10 times one can say that JIO voice calls has improved. Not till then. And this is not my personal view only. Take a quick poll anywhere and everyone will say same thing about JIO calls.
I think enough has been said on this topic. I will let it rest here.

Even people who have taken the offer with lyf handset with 3 months validity (validity not expired) will be moved to the 4GB FUP plan? They were promised unlimited internet. Reliance starting to show their true colors even before launch.
No I hear they're gonna be extended to 1 year free data it seems. No calls sms

On Postpaid tariffs applicable taxes will be charged. The Postpaid subscribers opting for the Auto-debit option using credit/debit cards/online transfer to pay their monthly mobile phone bill and opting for e-bill will be accorded an additional 15% discount on the bill value

This

Want proof? look at the long lines at Reliance outlets...

Err, FYI the long lines are for 'free' sims, not for data. Give people ANYTHING free and there will be long lines. There is nothing revolutionary in the data packs that reliance is offering. The only revolution is the free voice calls. Like docomo starting per sec billing and rcom slashing prevailing rates to Rs. 1/min with their Rs. 501 phones.

I'm using Jio as my primary sim now, my decade-old Vodafone number is sim #2. It has a 1gb 4g plan included in the talk plan. Works as well and even better than Jio in poor network connections. Jio works well for calling sometimes, other times it's frustrating as fcuk trying to connect to an incumbent operator. And sometimes calls drop on jio to jio because of the poor network signal at my place. Dunno about you, but even though data is important to me as well, i couldn't dream of relying only on jio for calls. Yeah, the incumbents aren't providing enough POI, but that's Jio's problem.

p.s. rereading it, your post looks just like Mr. Ambani's speech at the AGM ![DOUBLEPOST=1472888367][/DOUBLEPOST]
There's an FUP now.
After 4GB data/day speeds get reduced to 128kbps.
https://reliance.ssl.cdn.sdlmedia.com/4927.pdf

ok as usual this is a Fcuked Up Policy. Something befitting airtel or bsnl. And are we living in Antarctica where night is for 3 hours?

Last edited by a moderator:
Back