Reliance Jio Rollout

^ You're right. Completely slipped my mind that the jio sim needs to be in lte mode as well as the active data sim. In my redmi 2 prime, even if you set the alternate slot to 2g only mode, as long as it is the active data slot, the other slot (jio) will remain on 2g. this is more of a phone/chipset implementation issue than jio or lte.

Not sure how a dual 4g sim slot phone would play this scenario out.

^ sir, switch to bsnl gsm 3g @ 1099.
Yes thinking about it but I have evdo and Jio so thinking if I should get 3rd connection too lol

Jio is totally useless. Getting 100-200 KBps speed on Jio while I'm getting 200-350 KBps speed on bsnl evdo, also most of the websites aren't opening on Jio.
Today for a change it gave me speed of 200~300KB but then I got sms that your 4gb data limit is over but the link I was download was of 1.86gb which reached 94% so we can see what kind of game they are playing. I just wanted to use there high speed which is not high anyways

So torrents were running like sh!t, just like everything else, except for speedtest and netvelocity, i was getting around 100kB/s and not connecting to any peers, maybe 1-5. Suddenly at 2am, the 'cap' seems to be lifted and connecting to dozens of peers and getting 'good' speeds. so looks like they're implementing the night unlimited now but in a FUPed up way. getting tired of this testing now, calls are also really hard to get through, especially some vodafone numbers. sometimes feel like trashing the damn sim and getting back to the old ones.

Anyone using jiofi with jio4gvoice is it working fine ?
@onlyravi
Sadly I had literally stopped using JIO voice. But my nephew claims that in last one week the inter connectivity has been much better and at times JIO is more reliable than BSNL for calling.
I had some speed issues last week. Look at the data it looked like the speeds were capped at 2MBps. but now I am again getting above 10 in East Pune.
I tried few calls just to test the service randomly landline and multiple operators. Except for telenor and BSNL I could connect to others at first attempt.

Anyone using jiofi with jio4gvoice is it working fine ?

@onlyravi
I've been trying to use it with my week old SIM in my JioFi router, but it either stays on the configuration page, or it says the number is offline. Haven't been able to make a single call using it.
Jio customer care is as usual, non-existent/unreachable.

I've been trying to use it with my week old SIM in my JioFi router, but it either stays on the configuration page, or it says the number is offline. Haven't been able to make a single call using it.
Jio customer care is as usual, non-existent/unreachable.
Exactly the same problem, cannot connect stays offline.
Sadly I had literally stopped using JIO voice. But my nephew claims that in last one week the inter connectivity has been much better and at times JIO is more reliable than BSNL for calling.
I had some speed issues last week. Look at the data it looked like the speeds were capped at 2MBps. but now I am again getting above 10 in East Pune.
I tried few calls just to test the service randomly landline and multiple operators. Except for telenor and BSNL I could connect to others at first attempt.
Wanted to know if the jiojoin is working fine with Fi on a non 4g phone. Speed and calling is just perfect for me on my 4g phone.

The service is degrading bit by bit. I used to have Video calls with my sister every other week. First the call quality was flawless even when moving between rooms, then calls started to freeze when talking on the move and now its gets stuck 3-4 times for 5-10 secs in a 15 mins call.

Voice and data bad for me in Mumbai . Central region .Vodafone never connects .. most calls don't connect . Data is never above 5 Mbps ever . Will not port any of my numbers to Jio till this improves .

Exactly the same problem, cannot connect stays offline.

Wanted to know if the jiojoin is working fine with Fi on a non 4g phone. Speed and calling is just perfect for me on my 4g phone.
Yes. It works fine. No issues in connecting to the device or to the network (via the wifi device). I am using this on Oneplus one and no problems with connectivity. Not even on oneplus 3.
Cannot say much about the calling and its consistency as I honestly dont use it for calling at all.

Voice and data bad for me in Mumbai . Central region .Vodafone never connects .. most calls don't connect . Data is never above 5 Mbps ever . Will not port any of my numbers to Jio till this improves .
+1 same here, Cannot connect Vodafone or Idea even after trying 10-15 times, even calling to BSNL is troublesome. you are good that you are getting around 5 Mbps, mine doesn't go beyond 2Mbps. Only using it because it's free and saves my money for mobile internet recharge else if its payable then will throw it in a day.

Last edited:
encouraging enough. People who are having jio please keep posting their connectivity status periodically.
Call connectivity issues maybe depend on time of the day.
Today in the evening, tried to call a Vodafone number. Tried 5-6 times bus it did not connect even once. Maybe since yesterday was a holiday, less number of people were using it and so was able to connect at one go. Or maybe it is some area specific problem (pt of interconnect should not be dependent on area though). Yesterday was trying from home and today was trying near office.

Only using it because it's free and saves my money for mobile internet recharge else if its payable then will throw it in a day.

^^^ This is the only reason why every on using it and there are lines and waiting for the simcards to get activated still people are standing in queue COZ ITS FREE AND NOT LIKE FAILTEL PAY 1495 AND GET 30GB DATA.

I have bought Jiofi device and it's barely a month.

This device was bought before Launch.
Nowadays they are capping speeds.
I complained many times to CC but they are reluctant.

Can we complain to TRAI?
Are they allowed to cap speeds after saying truly unlimited.

Paid 3k for this crap

I'm experiencing direct download throttling. YouTube, browsing and even Netflix work perfectly fine, but direct downloads are super slow. The problem persists even with a VPN like TunnelBear. Not sure how they're recognizing the data through the VPN.

Back