Reliance Jio Rollout

The service center repaired my Jio router in about 3 days. The technician replaced the motherboard, and gave me back my device without any hassles.
The experience at the service center was actually pretty good. Everyone was polite, welcoming, and helpful. Not just to me, but to every single person who had problems with their devices, including labourers who couldn't read or write.
Sure, it's not great that my device conked off in 2 weeks, and it took them 3 days to repair it (mainly because they had to get authorisation from national headquarters).
But they handled the repairs well, my calls were answered each time, I was given an accurate time estimate, and the technician I dealt with seemed genuinely happy to help me.
I haven't been to service centers a lot, but the few times I have been were not pleasant experiences.
It's too bad it's such a nightmare to get a Jio SIM and that it's impossible to reach their contact center, because all their staff on the ground, have been very polite, helpful and professional in their dealings with me.

Man this thread has really grown!
I remember when Swat posted this thread and it was still on the first page!

Quick question for you guys...
Buddy of mine got a Jio SIM for his One Plus X... he's not using it and it ended up coming to me. Popped it into my OnePlus One... guess what... doesn't work. It doesn't register itself on the network.
Was the connection SIM bound to his IMEI?
If so, is there any way I can use it on my phone? I don't have the Jio App on my phone.

Also, would like to use the SIM in an LTE Hotspot I have from AirTel. Is there any possibility to do that?

I really hope you guys can help. Cheers.

^ There are a few things to check. Refer to my post on the gsmarena redmi 2 prime page

The menus/options may be different on the OPO but the idea is the same. One Q, was the sim previously working in his OPX? LYF and mifi sims were previously IMEI bound, AFAIK they're not now.

If the airtel mifi supports the jio bands, and is unlocked to use any other provider's sim, i don't see why it shouldn't work

Hey Julian,

Thanks for the reply. It suddenly started working. I had to add the APN settings below.

Name: Jio4G
APN: jionet
APN Type: default,supl,xcap
APN Protocol: Ipv4/Ipv6
APN Roaming Protocol: IPv4/Ipv6

# It did work on the OnePlux X which was the original phone that the SIM was purchased for. The app was used on the OPX to get the SIM.
# The fact that the connection is working on mine clearly shows that, like you said, it's no longer bound to the IMEI of the phone it was originally registered on.
# It needed to be restarted a few times. Also it seems that the network coverage where I live is pretty bad. That could have been the issue to begin with.
# On my OnePlus One, I had to switch to LTE and add the APN settings mentioned above before it started working. Will give it a shot on the Airtel Mifi device in a bit.

I have noticed though that the reception and speeds are terrible. Is the honeymoon period over now that everyone and their uncle is on it?

Speeds actually depend a lot on the area. My home and office had a very bad connection and I was barely getting 2mbps. Now my company moved to a new office, the signal is 2300 Mhz and speeds are near 15-25 Mbps, nothing that great because even Vodafone 4g is nearly the same. Difference is the free Jio vs metered one on Vodafone.

^ as i asked another person earlier, is this a real download test or just what nve/speedtest/fast.com are reporting? because those are exaggerated and nowhere near real life speeds.

^ as i asked another person earlier, is this a real download test or just what nve/speedtest/fast.com are reporting? because those are exaggerated and nowhere near real life speeds.
I am still getting good speed never got anything below 10mb average is 15/20mb, while Dl I get somewhere around 1/1.5mb, at night this almost doubles.

Dude it's meant Jio store or Apple store so it's not for Flipkart/Amazon purchases?

AFAIK Phones purchased from Amazon flipkart local retailers will also come under this offer, wait for couple of days as iPhone was just launched yesterday @7PM.

Also lyf Phones preview/welcome offer to be extended till Dec 2017.

AFAIK Phones purchased from Amazon flipkart local retailers will also come under this offer, wait for couple of days as iPhone was just launched yesterday @7PM.

14 months free 4gb/day internet will lead to a tsunami of people getting their sims. Can their network handle it ?

They have mentioned only from Reliance Digital store or Apple authorized dealer ie Maple or I-Store.

It seems that the 1 yr free calling offer on LYF phones is real. My friends aunt got an SMS saying that they've got free calling till Dec 2017.
I removed my Jio SIM from my LYF phone, and didn't get the sms. :(

Back