Reliance Jio Rollout

Same here. Don't get more than 1.1 to 1.4 mpbs during day time (more like 7 AM to 10 PM or 11 PM at night). And this is outside the house in the open.
OTOH, downloaded a 1.2 GB MIUI ROM at 5.30 AM and hit 20 mpbs consistently inside the house. Download completed in about 10 minutes.

the retailers are saying that only local state adhar card is valid to purchase the sim i am student from another state studying anyone else facing the issue?
Yes, i also face similar problem. You need to buy at your own state or if you any local address proof, you can submit the same and get it (One need to visit proper store & not mini stores for this)

Jio Welcome offer extended to 1st January 2017 for existing customers. Those customers who buy a sim from 4th dec till 31st december, Welcome offer will be till March 2017. In other announcement, FUP is capped to 1GB per day which was earlier 4GB

So we see the advent of (relatively) poor FUP from Reliance as well.
1GB is not bad for avg users tbh, but is a steep change from the earlier 4GB which was allowed earlier.

No more tension free streaming of vids I am guessing?

YXkgOgQ.jpg

I'm happy that they reduced the daily FUP. 1GB/day is enough. Period

--------

A look at some of the announcements made by Reliance Industries chairman Mukesh Ambani in Mumbai on Thursday:

- Reliance Jio has grown faster than Facebook, Whatsapp in first 3 months, become fastest growing technology company.

- The company crossed 50 million customers in less than 90 days of launch.

- Get a Jio SIM home-delivered and activated in 5 minutes through eKYC.

- I am happy to inform that Jio now fully supports mobile number portability.

- Over the past months, the call block rate has come down from over 90% to nearly 20%, as of yesterday.

- Jio has signed up over 6 lakh customers every single day for the past 3 months.

- From December 4, every new Jio user will get Jio’s data, voice, video and the full bouquet of Jio applications free till 31 March 2017.

- All existing customers will get extended benefits of Jio offer till 31 March 2017 on current SIMs.

- Millions of touch points for JioMoney will be deployed.

Source: http://www.thehindu.com/business/In...e-data-till-March-31-2017/article16735324.ece

1GB is too low. But good enough for me as I mostly use it for Gaana/Saavn streaming.
Watching Jio TV on the go would be out of the question now.

some clarification needed.. suppose you buy a 1Gb pack at 14:00 hours for 1 day.
Happy new year offer Fup reset is usually done after 00:00 hours . So are they going to deduct from happy offer or from add-on?

some clarification needed.. suppose you buy a 1Gb pack at 14:00 hours for 1 day.
Happy new year offer Fup reset is usually done after 00:00 hours . So are they going to deduct from happy offer or from add-on?

My reset happens somewhere around 1845hrs

I don't know about you guys but starting today my connection has went from being barely scratching at 1mbps to absolute turd at 200kbps. So much for "4G".

yeah it was acting a bit screwy a little while ago, seems to have sorted out now...[DOUBLEPOST=1480631063][/DOUBLEPOST]
hows the connectivity with other networks at the moment? still facing challenges?? is it time yet to port my sim?

Calling bsnl and some other std numbers, especially in the evenings is a nightmare. all the old AVoId issues are mostly sorted. Maybe 10% issues remain. BSNL is the biggest issue now. I wouldn't port my primary sim just yet.[DOUBLEPOST=1480637310][/DOUBLEPOST]
I'm happy that they reduced the daily FUP. 1GB/day is enough. Period

It's not a question of what is enough for one person and not for another. It's things like "20% users use disproportionately high data". WTF would you give 4gb free and then crib when 20% of your users actually use that much? If you thought 1gb was enough, then you should have offered 1gb. Not blame your shitty n/w problems on users. It's not a friggin unltd plan. There's a clear 4gb cap. After the 4gb is over, typically in a couple hours, how does this '20%' user keep 'creating a poor experience for the majority', Very Airtel-ish statement from Ambani.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back