Reliance refusing to return money on closing connection

fractal

Disciple
Recently the reliance broadband connection abruptly stopped in my entire locality (some issue with their tower)

I asked for a disconnection and got my account terminated after returning my modem

According to me they owe me some money (since they take payment for the month in advance) but as per them I now owe them. They have now sent another bill with late payment charges added. It is about Rs 500 now.

Now here is the joke. They have charged me for the time the service was not available (approx the last one month - there was actually no service in the entire locality for all their customers). Their customer care says this cannot be considered since the final bill is generated and account closed.

I will send them a notice/letter demanding that they return the money. I don't seem to be making any headway with the customer care.

I could also just write off the amount but they may not. They may start harassing for payment after some time.

Any suggestions from anyone who has dealt with Reliance and what I need to state in my letter

Forward your problem to the Nodal/ Appellate authority and see if they reply! Keep both in the loop and also make sure you make some noise on their social handle!

I did have to call them about 10 times in the last 3 months and last couple of times I asked to speak to a supervisor. However they seem to have finally corrected it on their own.

Have they given you in writing, saying your connection is terminated with no dues from your side? If not call cc and request it, will save you a lot of head ache later in life.

Back