Reliance threatening of Legal action for Rs. 2323

I'm in a similar situation like https://www.techenclave.com/community/threads/tikona-threatening-me-of-legal-case.168144/

I used to be a Reliance WiMax subscriber in 2008-2009, however in 2009 I changed my residence and at the new place there was no signal hence the person who came to shift it took the WiMax equipment and informed that he would terminate the connection, however I still got the bill post it, I called up the customer care number and had it escalated and they told that they inform the Technical Team and do the needful, that matter settled down, now after six years I'm getting calls from Kavita Sharma 8010836707 from Reliance regarding my pending bill for July 2009 for Rs. 2323, and if I fail to pay it she will take to court. I have the bills however I used to do online payment hence do not have any record as such apart from the Bank statement and the termination calls were made to the customer care number so do not have any legal proof of the same, just wanted to know what should I do, pay up Rs. 2323 or fight it out?

I'm in a similar situation like https://www.techenclave.com/community/threads/tikona-threatening-me-of-legal-case.168144/

I used to be a Reliance WiMax subscriber in 2008-2009, however in 2009 I changed my residence and at the new place there was no signal hence the person who came to shift it took the WiMax equipment and informed that he would terminate the connection, however I still got the bill post it, I called up the customer care number and had it escalated and they told that they inform the Technical Team and do the needful, that matter settled down, now after six years I'm getting calls from Kavita Sharma 8010836707 from Reliance regarding my pending bill for July 2009 for Rs. 2323, and if I fail to pay it she will take to court. I have the bills however I used to do online payment hence do not have any record as such apart from the Bank statement and the termination calls were made to the customer care number so do not have any legal proof of the same, just wanted to know what should I do, pay up Rs. 2323 or fight it out?

Mrs Kavitha doesn't seem to be from Reliance, they've outsourced the bill recovery to a third party.
Ask for sending the proper bill copy with breakup.
She most likely won't be able to do it, you insist on proper outstanding amount and breakup & say that you'll pay only after seeing the bill copy.

It's a routine threat used by third party bill recovery team.
I had worst experience with reliance telecom earlier when they launched, suddenly my phone bill was showing 32k outstanding when I was out of country for 6 months. Finally on seeing the bill breakup they agreed that it was wrongly charged. I settled the whole thing for 2k approx. Never used any of reliance services since 12yrs. Too much unscrupulous practices.

Yup @drkrack, she is not from Reliance, she is from some Recovery Team provided Bills with might be objective try and get as much money you can from these people, the problem with fighting back is I have no proof of asking them to terminate my connection on paper, the calls to customer care people I had called all won't make sense as now I recollect the names of people I talked to are very generic Pankaj | Sweety | Deepa, the complaint numbers are also seems non existent, seems they took me for a ride

I have emailed broadband@relianceada.com,Rcomappellateauthority.mumbai@relianceada.com, if I recieve no reply planning to make it a issue on fb/twitter, seeing the current social impact ;-)

They don't have you're new address so they can only bother you over the phone.
plus it costs more than the pending amount to file an actual case. and if they say they have filed one, then ask for the docket number. they won't have any answer.

Last edited:
After sometime, you will get call from a lawyer that they are filing a court case and you will get a notice.
Ignore if you are in the right. They just threaten, thats all.

Yup @drkrack, she is not from Reliance, she is from some Recovery Team provided Bills with might be objective try and get as much money you can from these people, the problem with fighting back is I have no proof of asking them to terminate my connection on paper, the calls to customer care people I had called all won't make sense as now I recollect the names of people I talked to are very generic Pankaj | Sweety | Deepa, the complaint numbers are also seems non existent, seems they took me for a ride

I have emailed broadband@relianceada.com,Rcomappellateauthority.mumbai@relianceada.com, if I recieve no reply planning to make it a issue on fb/twitter, seeing the current social impact ;-)

Don't tell I won't pay, keep them hanging until they get proof for you to pay or leave following. Telling them ' I won't pay' will make it easier for them to take a legal action. Always say that I'll pay, but...

Don't worry about proving yourself, you're not expected to keep the track of conversation 5 yrs ago. Don't let that idea make you uncomfortable . We're all with you.

They have a legal team on their payroll so it wouldn't cost them & when taking the legal action they'll retrieve the legal costs along with due amount.
Keep the social media defamation as a lost resort not first option. They're shameless people & how much mud you can throw on pigs; expecting them to clean up?

BTW the last suggestions from @vivek.krishnan & @Chaos seem worth exploring
[emoji3][emoji3]

Yup, seems like it is her personal number on Reliance GSM, this is the message I received after asking her details for the amount pending

A/c no. 100000108776724 m.no:390605557165 amt. 2323/-
dear pay your relaince bill any relaince office....before 2:30PM..

She said she is from the Recovery Team then said she is assistant and would send me summons and was asking me where to open the case in Delhi court of Mumbai court, I told her my connection is terminated, she kept saying you need a NOC certificate and then your account will be closed, I told why the F did they not realize it for the last 5 years

Why do people even get a reliance
I get your point, but there service was good, it was WiMax so even if there was a power outage, at my place I had a inverter I could still use the net, in the period that I used it the max downtime I had faced was 2 days, but there customer care was crap, trust me if I knew this would come back from the grave, I would have screwed the wits out them at the point of time, as I had all the details and the issue was fresh, I mostly busy with Office work and don't have much time to go out of my way and fight at this point, let see how this goes, I told her I have paid and have sent email to Reliance yesterday, she still called me today, after which I posted, I will wait to see if she call me tomorrow, if she does it become clear that she is not going to do anything but trying to scare me into paying the money

do not pay a single penny.. if they say that they'll file a court case, ask them politely to do so and send a summon.. also tell them that you are a lawyer yourself (non practising one)..

Don't even pay them a Paisa. Ignore the crap that women told you, these morons hire some jerks with high pitch voice (Third party).

I can assure you, they cant do shit.

Back