Reliance threatning for legal action

So I was using reliance broadband an year ago then due to some reasons I shifted from my place to a new place in the same city. I called up there office and asked to transfer my broadband connection to the new place.
Later I was informed that reliance don't provide broadband services in that area, so I asked them to terminate my connection.
Then next month I received an email stating that this is your bill for previous month and please pay your due bill to enjoy uninterrupted services.
I asked customer care about this and they told me that you have to pay your due bill first then only your connection will be terminated.
That didn't seem right to me but still I paid the due amount to avoid any future problems.
Then next month I again received a similar email stating that please pay your bill, this time I emailed their customer care asking for my connection termination and I again received a call from the reliance office regarding due payment, I explained them everything about how I am shifted to a new place and no one is using that old connection.
But I was still receiving payment emails every month so, I started ignoring those emails.

Now today I have received this-

Dear Customer, Date: - 24th July 2017.

Greetings from Reliance Communications!!!

This is to bring to your notice that there is a pending outstanding of Rs. 1398/- against Reliance Communication User ID Number 354XXXXXXXXX having BAN Number 100000XXXXXXXXX issued on the name of MR X.

The Out standing amount of Rs.1398/- is recoverable on your name.

This payment has to be done asap within 2 days of the receipt of this communication as the account moves to Recovery department for legal actioning.

Please clear the outstanding and revert back for any queries on the account.

You can also contact Mr S.K GUPTA at 7053XXXXXX between 10:00AM to 06:00PM in any working day.

This payment can be done at any of Reliance Communication Outlets located in different locations across Madhya Pradesh.

OR you can pay online thorough 354XXXXXXXX
http://www.rcom.co.in/Rcom/personal/home/index.html.

What should I do?
Pay them for their services which I didn't used?
Or keep ignoring them?

You cant do anything till you have a stamped all dues clear/ last bill copy
I had also faced this issue ,but had got the stamped last bill so wrote him back that i will take legal action because for mental harassment even after all dues clear
He never wrote again to me . I had the bill so......

Yeah, since they are postpaid, they will keep charging you. You should have terminated the connection before leaving the city.

Any way, just contact the appellate authority with your complaint.

http://www.rcom.co.in/Rcom/personal/customercare/contact-us.html
I asked them to terminate my connection but they didn't. Its not my fault.

Check this https://www.techenclave.com/communi...reatening-of-legal-action-for-rs-2323.175873/, exact same situation, I paid and made peace and till this date try and avoid Reliance products

But paying for the services I have not used doesn't seem fair to me.

You cant do anything till you have a stamped all dues clear/ last bill copy
I had also faced this issue ,but had got the stamped last bill so wrote him back that i will take legal action because for mental harassment even after all dues clear
He never wrote again to me . I had the bill so......

I paid all my bills online, even the last one.

Last edited by a moderator:
Do you have any proof of communication on termination? If you have one, you are fine.

All you have to do is produce it. If not, it becomes hard.

I am trying the same with Airtel and so far, the calls have been useless. I sent(appellate authority) them a written letter early this month saying that this billing cycle will be my last. I sent it through 'Registered post with acknowledgement'. I have preserved a copy of the letter and the acknowledgement I got back.

My friend faced a similar situation with Reliance long back. He had paid bills till he wrote them a letter and had the proof for it. The court fined Reliance for wasting time and some part of it for my friend. He never got the money though :)

I asked them to terminate my connection but they didn't. Its not my fault.
Just go to the nearest reliance store and terminate the connection and make sure device is deactivated. no use of telling whose fault it is. better to terminate the connection first instead of dragging your feet for another few months and paying even more money to them. you're the one whose losing money and not reliance.

Do you have any proof of communication on termination? If you have one, you are fine.

All you have to do is produce it. If not, it becomes hard.

I am trying the same with Airtel and so far, the calls have been useless. I sent(appellate authority) them a written letter early this month saying that this billing cycle will be my last. I sent it through 'Registered post with acknowledgement'. I have preserved a copy of the letter and the acknowledgement I got back.

My friend faced a similar situation with Reliance long back. He had paid bills till he wrote them a letter and had the proof for it. The court fined Reliance for wasting time and some part of it for my friend. He never got the money though :)

yes I have wrote few emails regarding account termination issue, I can provide whole conversation.
How do I proceed now?

Just go to the nearest reliance store and terminate the connection and make sure device is deactivated. no use of telling whose fault it is. better to terminate the connection first instead of dragging your feet for another few months and paying even more money to them. you're the one whose losing money and not reliance.

Okay thank you.

Same thing happened to me with Airtel. I had asked to cancel my broadband connection (which they apparently didn't) and kept on generating bills for 4 cycles after which the total was about 7500 which they sent to me with a similar letter.

They called me regarding this, i told them the truth and then never responded to their mails/calls. Nothing came of it.

I switched to vodafone (previous broadband was linked to old airtel number) and after 6 months installed a new Airtel broadband on my brother's name which i promptly got transferred to my name again. No issues so far

Airtel is better in these cases, I had same kind of experience from Airtel also but once I explained them everything Airtel stopped contacting me.
But these reliance idiots are still generating my bill and threatening for legal action, lol.
I paid the due amount and still they didn't terminate my connection and now asking for outstanding amount.

Last edited by a moderator:
Same thing happened to me with Airtel. I had asked to cancel my broadband connection (which they apparently didn't) and kept on generating bills for 4 cycles after which the total was about 7500 which they sent to me with a similar letter.

They called me regarding this, i told them the truth and then never responded to their mails/calls. Nothing came of it.

I switched to vodafone (previous broadband was linked to old airtel number) and after 6 months installed a new Airtel broadband on my brother's name which i promptly got transferred to my name again. No issues so far

Back