Reliance Wired Broadband help!?

ramdante

Skilled
I ve been using reliance wired broadband for about a year now, I ve been using my old dlink wireless router to get Wifi, but recently the broadband splitter box which reliance gave has gone kaput, and I ve made a thousand calls for a replacement.

So I tried connecting the reliance WAN wire directly to the wifi router, no matter however I tried or what setttings I used it didnt work.(so currently connected the WAN wire to the pc directly for internet use)>

My question is should connecting the WAN wire directly to the wifi router work? (is my old dlink router not supporting this), if anyone can confirm this, I ll probably get a new Asus router.

It is possible that your router is not a Adsl modem it whatever modem reliance uses.

The splitter box will be a modem I suppose whereas you are directly connecting it to a router instead of a modem.

Reliance gives internet in the form of WAN(RJ45) cable directly, and the box they give is definitely a splitter for using phones and not some modem.But thats the thing thats confusing me, if I connect thru the splitter box wifi works if I directly connect the WAN cable wifi doesnt work, I wonder what the splitter box does here to make it work.

Posted this in the broadband section..mods delete this thread!

oh no..you have no idea about reliance wired connection do you!?
<

Splitter box does not have any router or modem inbuilt, its just for getting phone line out of the reliance WAN internet cable.

When I connect the wan cable coming out from the splitter box to the wifi route(dlink) then wifi works, if I dont use the splitter box and connect the reliance WAn internet directly to the wifi router then it doesnt work.
Anyone here with reliance connection!?

When I connect the wire coming in from Reliance to my router, it works without any issues. Something must be wrong with the router; check whether it has been set to Dynamic IP and not PPPOE or something else. The issue lies in the router itself

When I connect the wire coming in from Reliance to my router, it works without any issues. Something must be wrong with the router; check whether it has been set to Dynamic IP and not PPPOE or something else. The issue lies in the router itself

Thats exactly what I needed! Thanks Sei! and distro!
<

And Sei can you tell me in fashion you have connected the reliance cable to the router!?
1> Reliance(WAN) cable ---> LAN1 slot(Router) ---> LAN2(router) ---> PC

or

2> Reliance(WAN) cable ---> WAN slot(Router) ---> LAN1(router) ---> PC

Back