Storage Solutions Relocate Sector & Event Count Error

Blue Leaf

Voice of Voiceless
Disciple
I have a WD Elements 2TB Portable Hard Disk.While checking with HD Tune Pro i found these errors.Can someone please explain me who to get it fixed.I have searched the web but the results scared me lol.
The HDD is working fine.Its loaded with HD TV Series i don't want to lose it :(

nM1tMud.png

I have also done a full Error scan but did not find any bad sectors.I Don't have a USB 3 it took me 18 Hrs :D

z8f5W5r.png

How old is the drive? Is it still under warranty?

As you store HD TV Series and or any movie stuff, it might happen that the data might get copied successfully but when you may try to play one or some of them either the movie will refuse to load or the video itself will be choppy or its audio. Worst case, the whole video file may go corrupt.

Such failures are common for single big files esp. movie/iso/os setups/games etc.

While mp3 audio may or may not get corrupted that easily but even thats not spared.

If you install os or already have an os on such partition, chances are high that it may develop more and more logical bad sectors. Followed by unusual and frequent chkdisk or bsods.

Writing all these instances as per my practical experiences. ;)

Good luck with your data backup.

You can use this disk for dumping less important data.

I've 2 such drives and working flawlessly since past> 4 years now. TOUCH-WOOD:bag:- No corrupt data as of yet nor any increase in Sector/Event count values but I only use them to store useless and less imp. data. Such as old movies/mp3s/old games etc.

Back