Remember the Vista DRM article?

KingKrool

Skilled
Here is a rather long series of articles by a ZDNet blogger.... comes down really hard on the original analysis. I always found the original article fishy; here it is debunked point by point.

The original DRM article was here: A Cost Analysis of Windows Vista Content Protection

Here is the rebuttal:

Everything you’ve read about Vista DRM is wrong (Part 1) | Ed Bott’s Microsoft Report | ZDNet.com

Everything you’ve read about Vista DRM is wrong (Part 2) | Ed Bott’s Microsoft Report | ZDNet.com

Everything you’ve read about Vista DRM is wrong (Part 3) | Ed Bott’s Microsoft Report | ZDNet.com

There are any number of reasons you might dislike Vista (I have some major bugs with video drivers, and Dell refuses to put up any new ones); and there are a billion reasons to hate DRM (piece of crap :mad:); the reasons listed by Gutmann are not some of them.

Gutmann does post some responses, unfortunately the links appear to be down (cypherpunks.to is down). Still, some of the errors pointed out are unlikely to be the kind that can be explained away.

To be sure, George Ou and Ed Bott are known Windows admirers, and I've personally worked for MS in the past. But that article of his was inaccurate to the point of being dishonest.

Back