Remote Control Software Alternatives to Teamviewer

Saba Centra does support remote session, have used it occasionally.

It suits where control is with the person who schedule session.

These are servers buddy, there is no person at the server end.. it has to be unattended.

- - - Updated - - -

Compare it with Bracket software - free for personal use, no installation required, supports unlimited multiple simultaneous sessions, is java based and works on all platforms. Url: BRACKET - The Networks Remote-Control

So is Teamviewer for the exact same points you said. For Personal Use, Teamviewer is best. Besides from the Screenshots of "Bracket" is seems like a amateur designed software & something that runs on Java it cannot be without security risks.

- - - Updated - - -

License overview

Seems that there is pricing for 3 session but its quite expensive @ 1+ lac. But multiple installs seem to be there.

Yes it is quite expensive hence this thread :) to be honest even 3 sessions is not enough... i atleast have 5 - 6 server sessions open at once, working something / running something in each of them.

RAdmin seems good but i need more than a "Tick Mark" to know whether a server is online / offline & i shouldn't have to press F5 every time i want to find out the same.

I am in contact with Logmein team let see if they can make a deal for me. as Ignition seems to be the best bet.

Originally Posted by Prole73

Saba Centra does support remote session, have used it occasionally.

It suits where control is with the person who schedule session.

These are servers buddy, there is no person at the server end.. it has to be unattended.
---

^^^ Am working in server environment for years, found this being used in environments where above 250 systems needed to be taken under remote session...
By mentioning "where control is with the person who schedule session." I meant the admin who is starting the remote session, i.e., you are in full control.
It is also a very good training tool. And they do have multiple products in the same area. Heard they are affordable too.

Also, did you check dameware ? The best feature I liked about it is, it pushes the s/w component to the remote system needing remote session, which is a huge plus point.

Also, found on wikipedia a list of remote session software and their comparisons:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison_of_web_conferencing_software

May be it will be better if you try some software by yourselves which will give you a better feel of the product.

Saba Centre does support remote session and works fine. Alternatively, I have used other remote support services such as logmeinrescue.com, gosupportnow.com etc and they are good as well.

Back