Remote Control Software Alternatives to Teamviewer

aasimenator

MCITP 2008
Reseller
Hey Guys,

I have about 30 servers which I manage & maintain for my different clients, I have a paid version of RAdmin which is not installed on all server but only on 1 servers in each location to gain entry into the network. I like using RAdmin but its a little slower than Logmein & Teamviewer when connecting / and is not as smooth. But the main reason i am looking for an alternative is because i want the feature that teamviewer has which shows whether the computer is online / offline (once you login to your account & get a list of server)

This feature is also available on Logmein, but i use the free version of Logmein (only as a last resort) & i hate having to login to the website first & then accessing the servers, plus Password is not saved either in RAdmin or Logmein.

Teamviewer is Priced at 30k approx that too only for 1 session & 1 install. for unlimited install its priced at 50k approx but still limited to 1 simultaneous session. This is think is absurd.

I've also looked at Logmein Ignition for Windows (Already have one for Andriod & iOS), I am keeping this option if i don't find anything else, this gives me the features that i need. I have a 50 % off coupon that would get me to 25k for 25 Computers.

Any Suggestions?

^ its not... not free for commercial use, i tried using it but within a few days i get the error, commercial use suspected.. then all my sessions are restricted to 5 mins only. So Yes there is free version but only for personal use.

Hey Guys,

I have about 30 servers which I manage & maintain for my different clients, I have a paid version of RAdmin which is not installed on all server but only on 1 servers in each location to gain entry into the network. I like using RAdmin but its a little slower than Logmein & Teamviewer when connecting / and is not as smooth. But the main reason i am looking for an alternative is because i want the feature that teamviewer has which shows whether the computer is online / offline (once you login to your account & get a list of server)

This feature is also available on Logmein, but i use the free version of Logmein (only as a last resort) & i hate having to login to the website first & then accessing the servers, plus Password is not saved either in RAdmin or Logmein.

Teamviewer is Priced at 30k approx that too only for 1 session & 1 install. for unlimited install its priced at 50k approx but still limited to 1 simultaneous session. This is think is absurd.

I've also looked at Logmein Ignition for Windows (Already have one for Andriod & iOS), I am keeping this option if i don't find anything else, this gives me the features that i need. I have a 50 % off coupon that would get me to 25k for 25 Computers.

Any Suggestions?

Try Remote Utilities. This is software that combines features found in Radmin and TeamViewer. Since you mentioned that you had been using Radmin but wanted something less expensive than TeamViewer, I thought Remote Utilities would do.

There's also a free edition, although for personal use only.

Thanks Guys, @Prole73 Saba Centra seems to be a Voice & Video Conferencing thingy.
@conradsallian thanks, I will try Remote Utilities out but pricing is same as Logmein Ignition for Windows with a 50% off coupon I am getting it at 500$ for 25 computers. whereas Remote Utilities is 27.95 per computer

@cranky UltraVNC doesn't Show Online & offline computers unless you click to connect to it.

Remote Desktop is good but still doesn't show whether a server is online or offline. that's the main requirement.

@Gaurish GotoAssist, 660$ a year. Its a good Software but overpriced.

@ITTTT ScreenConnect $3000 for unlimited Session

@ryanrulez4ever Yes all are dell Servers, but i don't get to see if there server is online or offline unless i click to connect to it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks Guys, Prole73 Saba Centra seems to be a Voice & Video Conferencing thingy.
conradsallian thanks, I will try Remote Utilities out but pricing is same as Logmein Ignition for Windows with a 50% off coupon I am getting it at 500$ for 25 computers. whereas Remote Utilities is 27.95 per computer

cranky UltraVNC doesn't Show Online & offline computers unless you click to connect to it.

Remote Desktop is good but still doesn't show whether a server is online or offline. that's the main requirement.

Gaurish GotoAssist, 660$ a year. Its a good Software but overpriced.

ITTTT ScreenConnect $3000 for unlimited Session

ryanrulez4ever Yes all are dell Servers, but i don't get to see if there server is online or offline unless i click to connect to it.

you can monitor the servers through Drac and also see if its offline or online, i recommend Drac to my customers anyday, and good thing is if you are using 12G servers the drac is bundled anyways which would save you cost

another effective solution, Install OMSA on all the servers (which must be preinstalled)

and install Dell IT Assistant on your PC, ITA will interact with OMSA / idrac and display the server status in 1 UI
for more info check this video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uiPg2KYb5vs

Not all that the clients have servers support iDRAC. Plus The Server's are VMWare ESX, All of them So i have no use of having a iDRAC.

@ryanrulez4ever, I know i have used it before.. lets say a Windows VM is having an issue & i have to log into it & fix... how am i suppose to do do that via iDrac, When i connect to iDrac it will lead me to the configuration of the Vmware ESX Server not the VM that is having the issue, So apart from rebooting the Whole VMware Server there is no use of iDrac on a ESX Server.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back