Budget 10-15K Repair Redmi note 3 or import Redmi 4 prime

scudmissile07

Confusingly confused!
Disciple
Hi All,
I bought Redmi note 3 last year, since then I am very happy with phone performance but had two bad instance because of its large footprint once screen got damaged while riding bike with phone in pant pocket after 2 months of owning and due to crappy service of mi in India had to replace it outside of service centre but once again display got damaged with same case luckily only glass damaged previously display damaged with glass intact.

Coming to 2 issue, got an OTA update and installed it , now WiFi issues crop up and WiFi is dead later after a lot of googling it's a hardware failure than a software issue.
Now phone is running like charm without WiFi.

So to all gurus is it sensible to invest in a new motherboard for Redmi note 3 as all other parts including battery backup is on par with normal note 3 only with out WiFi or buy a new phone.

Was eagerly waiting for Redmi to launch Redmi 4 prime but extremely disappointed after today's launch they want to sell sub par phone with "more memory".

I was interested in buying Redmi 4 prime because of full hd display in 5" and obviously less bulkier than note 3 so less prone to get damaged.

Furthermore I have to import it through ebay or 3 party sites is it worth it to import Redmi 4 prime or invest on new motherboard for note 3, don't want to take risk of buying another 5.5" screen again.

Have anyone replaced motherboard of Redmi note 3 and how much does it cost in service centre for 32gb variant

Advance apologies for long post and thanks

Back