Audio Replacement for Z2300

Jasku

Skilled
Hey folks,

I am looking for a good set of 2.1 speakers, preferably compact, but not compromising on the SQ, I am no audiophile, but was extremely happy with with Z-2300, please suggest suitable options. Please suggest systems for 5k and 10k budget.

Edit - Usage would be games, TV shows, movies and music.

Options so far-

1) Z-623 natural successor
2) Swans M10 - these have rave reviews, do they match up to the z2300/z623?

I noticed the F&D RTB30 suggested in another thread, love the price, will they be equivalent for the Logitechs?

Thanks in advance.

Suggesting you R30BT: They are very good for the price of 6K. But they are 2.0 speakers.

For purity of sound quality, always 2.0 are better than 2.1, which 'add' bass, thus spoil the purity of audio signals.

Suggesting you R30BT: They are very good for the price of 6K. But they are 2.0 speakers.

For purity of sound quality, always 2.0 are better than 2.1, which 'add' bass, thus spoil the purity of audio signals.

Thanks for the response mate, but definitely need a sub-woofer for games and movies, the z2300 had excellent bass. Other options?

Try F&D A521, excellent VFM, cost 3K only. Clarity is good, Sub woofer is powerful enough, soundstage is also very good with 4" satellites.

Thanks @psyph3r that is an interesting option, how did you come by it?

I was in the same boat as you, my studio monitors and audio interface conked off and I didn't have the money to replace em so I was looking for a decent vfm alternative for the time being.
Thing is there aren't many options in the 2.1 space anymore, you have the usual gamut of boomy Logitech and Creative speakers, Altec Lansing is busy making portables and there are no Promedia 2.1/MX5021/SP2500 alternatives in the market anymore so you're left with F&D and the like.

After looking online tirelessly for 2 days and going through all the available options I settled for this one because they had generally favorable reviews plus I plan on acquiring better speakers in the near future so I didn't want to spend 8k on something like the Z623.
The connecting wires are a bit flimsy and the bass isn't as tight as I'd imagined it'd be but they look good on the desk and the clarity is decent even on high volumes so it was 4k well spent imo. I mostly listen to music on my headphones and iem's so this was a good addition for general use with the pc, if anyone has a budget of 5k or lower this is probably the best option available.

There's another brand called Thonet & Vander that's available these days and they seem to have some well built systems with decent reviews but I didn't pick em or the Swans due to ASS concerns.
http://mdcomputers.in/peripherals/s...der-m167/sort=p.sort_order/order=ASC/limit=25

P.S these are anything but compact, I underestimated the size of the subwoofer.

kgpJYiF.jpg

CLtYnox.jpg

As you are used to Z2300 you can go for Z623. Both have similar quality/power. Swans M10 do not have the thumping bass like Z623 but it have much much better sound quality, especially with the tweeters it produces better highs. And for small to medium room Swans will give you enough bass unless you are basshead (no disrespect intended). Do not even think about F&D, Creative, Sony etc. as their sound quality is far inferior. Also IMO try to get full wooden speaker. Z623 is not wooden but M10 is.
I am also in the same boat and decided for Swans M10 over Z623. Also I don't like z623 due to its proprietary connector.
If you indeed decide on Swans M10 buy them from hifinage or proaudiohome. hifinage have their own site and ebay. proaudiohome site is down for maintenance for a while but they also sell in ebay. afaik proaudiohome will cost you a bit more but they provide better service than hifinage. Others (Amazon/Flipkart/Snapdeal) are not authorized.

This makes me sad and confused. Why isnt there an option in 10k-15k range for good 2.1 speakers ? Or is this not a legit requirement ? What does one buy if one is not an audiophile, but just needs some nice speakers for movies/gaming/party music ?

This makes me sad and confused. Why isnt there an option in 10k-15k range for good 2.1 speakers ? Or is this not a legit requirement ? What does one buy if one is not an audiophile, but just needs some nice speakers for movies/gaming/party music ?
between 10-15k you can get Swans D1080-IV. Even when it is 2.0 it is a very good speaker. Swans M20 is good 2.1 and will cost you around 16k. If you can extend your budget a bit more then Swans M50W is an awesome 2.1.
Swans M20 or M50 - anyone have those?
If you have the money definitely M50W.

Yup M50W seems to be around 17.5k on hifinage.com and 1k more from same sellers on amazon.in - my old AL mx5021 (which I got for around 6.5k nearly 7-8 yrs ago) seem to be barely hanging on - one of the speaker's magnets FELL OFF - stuck it back in place with superglue :)

I think I'm detecting some distortion in the highs when playing back some FLACs - don't know if my speakers are gone or the Xonar DX sound card.

Will stick to my current setup til it drops dead.

between 10-15k you can get Swans D1080-IV. Even when it is 2.0 it is a very good speaker. Swans M20 is good 2.1 and will cost you around 16k. If you can extend your budget a bit more then Swans M50W is an awesome 2.1.

If you have the money definitely M50W.

Thanks for the tip. Regarding the Swans, I have always heard it said they dont do high volumes or bass very well. How true is this for the 3 speakers you mentioned ?

Thanks for the tip. Regarding the Swans, I have always heard it said they dont do high volumes or bass very well. How true is this for the 3 speakers you mentioned ?
It does not have power like Z2300 or Z623. So you will not get the thump like them in Swans. But power does not mean better sound quality. Swans will produce better and clear sound and not muddy like Logitech.

Are you saying even speakers like Swan M50W won't be able to go loud or do the thumping thing? (I'm comparing against my Altec Lansing Mx5021 set - hope it can near it)

IIRC M50W have 78W sub whereas Z623 have 135W sub. So these should be some difference. But that might not be noticeable in small room or due to speaker setup. But as I said before sound quality is much better in Swans.
Also I believe AL MX5021 have 40/50 W sub. In that case Swans will produce better bass. But MX5021 itself is a very good speaker.

Last edited:
Guys, an update, I ordered the A521, they came day before, I dont know if the unit was spoilt or what, the L&R speakers sounded fine, but the sub woofer, when turned up sounded cracked up. The output was extremely underwhelming ( I am no audiophile), a modest z2300 and Boston Acoustics entry level speakers is what I was used to till date. Requested refund from Amazon, I will try and connect it to my PC in the next couple days to give it a second chance.

At this point, I think I will either go for the Samsung H20 or the z623, extremely tempted to go for the swans but I doubt it will have enough thump for me.

Back