Android Replacing a Cracked Motorola Defy Screen - How Much Will It Cost?

kvikram

Skilled
My dad's Motorola Defy's screen got completely cracked after falling face down from his pocket on a tar road. However the touchscreen is still perfectly functional and he is still using it.

I'm planning to contact a local Motorola service centre here in my city (Salem, TN) to see if it can be replaced. Would like to have a general idea of how much a screen replacement like this would cost before contacting anyone, however. The phone is out of warranty right now. It's pretty old.

So, how much would the screen replacement cost?

l4h9.jpg

Rs.3000 including labour and service charges for screen replacement. My Defy fell from the 5th floor and sustained no damage to the body in any way. It was just the lcd panel that broke. If its the digitizer that's gone you can buy one from ebay,com for 500-600 and fix it yourself or from a local mobile repair shop. Motorola would do it for Rs.300 (just the fixing bit)

@sunny27
There is one phone where screen is broken & some liquid has come out. Will that be just the top screen ?
Whats digitizer ? Can you pls guide what needs to be replaced ? Sadly no moto center around.

Back