Car & Bike Report stolen Mobike cycles

nRiTeCh

Skilled

Outside our society there is slum area wide spread pretty densely.

Issue & observation: It has been almost 3 weeks I'm observing some slum kids continuously for the whole day cycling on a Mobike bicycle.
upload_2018-8-14_17-12-39.png

Well anyone can afford these cycles: yulu, mobike, pedal etc but slum kids really??? Can they pay every hour for daily 10 hours for straight 3 weeks? Highly doubtful right ?:fearscream:
Not only that the cycle is kept by those kids in their possession forever. As if their father bought it.

Shocking was when I noticed the cycles lock/gps wasnt present at all incl mud card and the red signal light which indicates the current cycle position and activity.:flushed:

Big shock: Today I sawsome kids brought 2 more such cycles having no gps and locks. So now in all they broke 3 Mobike cycles. :wideyed: This is a worrying situation.:(

Totally ridiculous. If this continuous then we the people who benefit from such cycling initiatives might have to soon kiss goodbye to such drives owing to such losses to the cos.

I wish I can somehow at least get the very exact details of those cycles by getting the scan code pic but it is nearly impossible as the slum people are all awake till 2am and going in there for investigation is like venturing in the unknown.:nailbiting:
upload_2018-8-14_17-11-17.png

Right now theres aint any customer service contact no. for Mobike but I have emailed them. Lets see if they care for any action or just let go.

The scan codes would had helped them directly to track such stolen cycles.
Dont know how they track their cycles but cant they go suspicious when such no. of cycles go off their gps tracker??

Cannot go to police here as they are all goons. Nor will they entertain any such cases. So dont suggest this option.

Attachments

• upload_2018-8-14_17-10-31.png
    upload_2018-8-14_17-10-31.png
    143.3 KB · Views: 154
  • upload_2018-8-14_17-11-6.png
    upload_2018-8-14_17-11-6.png
    426 KB · Views: 152
perhaps you can put up anonymous alerts to local print media & electronic media (use a temporary email / postal mail) ...

Anybody willing to come forward and help?
What was the reply from the mails you sent to those companies?
I dont think they care much since insurance might be covering their losses. Also the police wont act suo motto and someone needs to file a complaint. Not sure if the online FIR thing will work here. Sending the lead to local print media or radio stations will definitely be the quickest and most effective way to highlight this issue.

What was the reply from the mails you sent to those companies?
I dont think they care much since insurance might be covering their losses. Also the police wont act suo motto and someone needs to file a complaint. Not sure if the online FIR thing will work here. Sending the lead to local print media or radio stations will definitely be the quickest and most effective way to highlight this issue.
Yes they contacted me within 24hrs. Had a telephonic conversation.
The then add me to their active whatsapp group. I have shared all the info incl photos, landmark and whatever details I got.
They will be taking action accordingly. Both from their teams along with the cops and pmc.
I also managed to get contact of the responsible pmc chair person so if needed will contact him.

Would like to know how to report or address this to media ie newspaper or radio channels.
Is there any specific mail id of TOI where i can mail with all proofs etc.
And what about radio stations? How to contact them.

Would like to know how to report or address this to media ie newspaper or radio channels.
Is there any specific mail id of TOI where i can mail with all proofs etc.
And what about radio stations? How to contact them.
Each article in TOI has the reporter, who wrote it.

For example, In this news, its Bharti Jain.

If you click the reporter's name, there you can see Find a Reporter option, with all TOI reporters.

This hurts. I hope some punitive action be taken to set the record right against such crimes (although I highly doubt it).

I moved in to a new location in Ranchi in Dec last year. Newly developing area, Beautiful & wide road with well lit streetlights all across the stretch , returned a few months back to find it in dead darkness. Reason - bulb from streetlamps got stolen :banghead::banghead::banghead:

Recently saw them all lit up again, fingers crossed for days to come.

I heard mobike rental is 100 bucks per month, unlimited use. Those slum kids can definitely afford that much. They would be spending more that that easily on weekly basis on sutta/ gutka or booz.

I am not justifying stealing cycles here. And causing damages as well to them but i doubt people would steal it when its available for 100 bucks.

And ofcourse they should be caught and trashed by officials for such behavior for stealing or damages.

That's ridiculously cheap imo. How would anyone make money off that?

You meant, 100 bucks pm being cheap? It must be their promotional price to gain traction and popularity. Once People are hooked to it, they would increase it. Also 100 rs is monthly service pass. That doesnt allot one cycle for you 24 x 7 which u can part in your parking etc and not let anyone else to share it. One still has to get cycle from ones available around. But that still is pretty good. Each ride cant last more than 2 hours (one of the terms of use)

Back