Require MP3 player + RE-0

var89

Adept
Hi,

I have zeroed on Apple IPOD Touch. Want to go for 64 GB itself.

Can anyone guide me from where should i purchase this in Chennai or Delhi.

Looking for the best price plus peace of mind in warranty.

Check ebay deal of the week...Ipod Touch i8GB s available for Rs 9650/- with warranty...btw why don't you try Samsung P3...16Gb is available for 7k on ebay...heard a lot of good things about this player....

Konquerror said:
^^^Who told you that 8GB is ipod touch on ebay deal of the week is 2G?? It's clearly written that it's 3G...if he wants 64Gb then he can go for same at 18k...it's also there in deal of the week...here is direct URL eBay India: Brand New Apple iPod Touch 64GB 3rd Gen iTouch 3G 64 GB (item 170456212392 end time 17-Mar-2010 08:00:00 IST)

8GB 3G is rebranded 2G. Tt's a 2G h/w with 3G tag! Not many are aware of this.

Only 32GB and 64GB are real 3rd gen ipod touch models.

Just spoke to IStore by Reliance. He says it costs 24k :bleh:
Ebay is listing at 18k but i don't know whats the reliability of it.
Can anyone confirm anything less than 18k.

var89 said:
Just spoke to IStore by Reliance. He says it costs 24k :bleh:
Ebay is listing at 18k but i don't know whats the reliability of it.
Can anyone confirm anything less than 18k.

I have no idea how that guy is selling 64gig for 18k coz that is the price of 32Gig in blr too. But then he is a premium reseller which means that you can trust him.

For Ipod Touch 64gb you can buy it from ebay.

If you are getting the RE0, I would suggest you to go for Cowon D2 or S9. Or if you really want the Ipod Touch, maybe you could invest in a portable amp.

^ Second that,RE-0 doesn't really sound good with an Ipod due to the over emphasis in treble with ipods :p. If you want a player for pure musical purposes,I would suggest a Cowon D2 with a 16/32GB memory card or else you can go ahead with the Ipod but try to get an amp to pair with the RE-0 in that case :)

@OP

Trust Faheem's opinion as Patthar ki Lakeer when it comes to SQ :p
If your priority is the oomph factor and lots of apps then go for touch but if you want music nirvana then skip the ipod (NOM to apple fanbois)

FaH33m said:
^ Second that,RE-0 doesn't really sound good with an Ipod due to the over emphasis in treble with ipods :p. If you want a player for pure musical purposes,I would suggest a Cowon D2 with a 16/32GB memory card or else you can go ahead with the Ipod but try to get an amp to pair with the RE-0 in that case :)

I think the OP can also look at Cowon S9.

BTW, is there anyone in BLR using RE-0? I would like to test it out with ipod touch 3rd Gen.

viralbug said:
For Ipod Touch 64gb you can buy it from ebay.

If you are getting the RE0, I would suggest you to go for Cowon D2 or S9. Or if you really want the Ipod Touch, maybe you could invest in a portable amp.

I did'nt know about Cowon D2/S9. I'll take a look at it.

FaH33m said:

Actually I'm looking for not only sound quality but download Ipod shows.
I'm not sure can those be downloaded and played in Cowon.

raksrules said:
@OP

Trust Faheem's opinion as Patthar ki Lakeer when it comes to SQ :p
If your priority is the oomph factor and lots of apps then go for touch but if you want music nirvana then skip the ipod (NOM to apple fanbois)

Priority first is music and then apps. Can you suggest any AMP for it.
Had FIIO F5 in mind.

if you are talking about podcasts, they do play on S9. But leave out D2. It's display is too tiny to watch videos without eye strain. I moved to ipod touch from D2. Though the audio quality is less, the overall experience is much much better.

desiibond said:
if you are talking about podcasts, they do play on S9. But leave out D2. It's display is too tiny to watch videos without eye strain. I moved to ipod touch from D2. Though the audio quality is less, the overall experience is much much better.

Yes I was mentioning podcasts only just forgot the name.
So now I have 2 to consider S9 and Ipod touch.

@OP

FiiO E5 is enough as an Amp.

But be warned that while S9 is a good SQ player, it has some learning curve associated with it. The bundled UI is not very good, though not as bad as the reviews on the internet say it is. Fortunately, everything can be changed - I have installed custom UCIs for Menu, Playlist Browser, Music Player, Movie Player etc., You may also need to tweak EQ to your taste. But once you are done with that, purely for music, you'll have no further issues. The battery life is advertised at about 55 hours, but that's for 128 kbps files. For my largely 320 kbps and FLAC collection, I get around 35 hours.

i'm confused with the two options. I want to use applications too.

I'm not looking for extreme music clarity. But a good overall package.

^^^ If you want applications and not extreme music clarity, then better get iPod Touch. May be you can add a FiiO E1 Amp later on.

Back