Car & Bike Resale of 2 Wheeler

soom8

Recruit
Hi All,
I have decided to sell my bike and thus visited to Rajiv Raj Bajaj and asked for the advice, They directed me to a person (Vendor) authorized at their place to execute all 2 wheeler exchanges or sole sale & purchase. He offered me the right price and obtained the handover of bike and documents after getting my signature on blank sell letter. There are only 3 documents which I could secure from him and there are

1 Cash Receipt with a stamp of Rajiv Raj Bajaj
2 An Agreement worth 100 Rs, containing that he will have right to further sale the bike after validating all documents or credentials
3 And a copy of is Adhar Card.

It has been 3 months and he has already identified a buyer (May be some other dealer) and the bike has been handed over to him. Now, when i am continuously following with him to get the RC transferred on Buyer names, He always gives me a different dates and People at Rajiv Raj Bajaj told me that they only takes liability for exchange cases where the bike has been replaced with new vehicle and refused to entertain me.

They have now requested me to wait until 10th December and assured that the RC will get transferred but now i am really worried about the ownership transfer from my name as the bike is likely to be used by some uneducated person in some village which i could find at dealer's place.

If they fail to furnish the document on 10th December, i shall certainly go for lodging an FIR with the exact reason and getting it noted by the policy in their records. However, what else can be secured by me to safeguard myself from any misuse in these 10 days.

Kindly share your advise in plain English and help me to come out from this situation.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back