Retirement Investment Plan??

m-jeri

A Nobody.
Skilled
Hi All..

Need some inputs regarding Retirement Investment Plans.

Finance NOOB.

I dont know what to ask other than this question. :)

Any help appreciated.

Thanks.

Are you in India or in the US? Try reading about the National Pension Scheme in Indian context. If you plan to stay in the US, 401K and 403b are two options that you can look into, for the starters.

Ideally speaking, you should devote some time to learn about the personal financial space and use the many products out there to build your own retirement plan (you know one that covers all your goals and desires). Stay away from products labelled as retirement plans much in the same way as one should avoid child education plans and the likes.

If that is something you don't want to do, I'd suggest hiring the services of a Fee-only financial planner. The kind of guy whose only incentive is the fee you pay him for his services.

This is just a basic list of FPs from different cities. See if any of them are accessible to you.
Also go through that blog on a daily basis. A couple of months of reading and you'll be knowledgeable enough to start on your own.

Join the Atal Bihari Pension Scheme in India. I am a call centre executive but I have also joined the same. Its really beneficial

Meet any financial planner. Decide what amount you can put away monthly or yearly basis to maintain the same lifestyle you live now after retirement. The financial planner will take inflation and other expenses into account and tell you. Also you can put some amount in safe plans like LIC and some in mutual funds depending on your risk taking ability and age.

Back