CPU/Mobo Returned Biostar 790GX 128M now what

I Have no other choice but to return Biostar 790GX 128M back to the shop due to the missing paddle card. After several request with the distributor i have no other choice but to retun back. I heard this board is not coming up anymore. I can see plenty of 790GXBE. I have borrowed ram from my old setup hence i am not worried abt DDR2 , DDR3. Suggest me a board which is equal or more in performance than this board. I got this board at 4.5K. My max budget is 5K.

Note: I have phenom II 550 BE which is unlocked and stable at 3.5 Ghz on tock cooling

^^

that board is a u-ATX board..

most pci slots will be blocked with dual cooler sized gpu..

buy this only if going for IGP...

if plan to use a dedicated card... then TA790GXBE makes more sense for similar price :)

vijaycool said:
I am open to both DDR2 & 3 options. What is the performance difference between these 2 rams.

Cheap DDR3 rams have pathetic timings. If you want to go DDR3, you need to get expensive ones otherwise, the purpose of going for DDR3 will be negated. Better go for DDR2 Rams with tight timings.

BTW in which shop did you buy that Biostar board?

I got that board for 4.5K in sethia infotech chennai. In other places also it is available for the same price +- 100 difference.

My max budget for mobo is 5K. What i thought was ddr3 is future proof. Perhaps no word for future proof in computer terminology :S

If i go with ddr2 board which ram should i opt and please mention the price

vijaycool said:
Yes i will use graphic card in future. I am open to both DDR2 & 3 options. What is the performance difference between these 2 rams.

vijaycool said:
If i go with ddr2 board which ram should i opt and please mention the price
Do you mind purchasing RAMs online? Check primeabgb.com for G.Skill - F2-6400CL4D- 4GBPI Black for 3850 + shipping these will be good for OCing. In delta you may get OCZ and Corsair, but I'm not sure about the models they have. You can ask them if they have CL4 RAMs.

dvijaydev46 said:
Do you mind purchasing RAMs online? Check primeabgb.com for G.Skill - F2-6400CL4D- 4GBPI Black for 3850 + shipping these will be good for OCing. In delta you may get OCZ and Corsair, but I'm not sure about the models they have. You can ask them if they have CL4 RAMs.

Call and check Pi black prices, they are @ 4.5k

Back