PC Peripherals [Review] Logitech m221 silent mouse: Just Awesome

M221 wireless goodness arrived 5 minutes back.

1. Really, Actually, Crazy quiet.
2. Buttons are thankfully soft to press. Require very less finger pressure than any regular mouse. Almost like my first optical mouse.
3. No Usb 3.0 interference. Old MS mouse stutters with Usb 3

4. Can't say anything about other things like battery.

VERDICT: Not gaming and are a moderate+ user ? Get this.

Cost on amazon is Rs. 900, but I got this from ebay for Rs. 600

There are more silent models:
https://www.amazon.in/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_2?url=search-alias=computers&field-keywords=Logitech+silent

Last edited:
Thanks. Your review would have been better if you had posted it after a few days of usage, and not just after 5 minutes it arrived. Just saying :D.

Anyways, a silent mouse sounds good.

I saw on Logitech's site, and they list 4 mouse in somewhat affordable prices that I compared here:

https://www.logitech.com/en-in/mice/&view=498&compProducts=12560,8086,12130,9840

There doesn't seem to be much difference between them, except for the silent one, which is as the name says, silent, and also increased battery life.

So, why 4 different mouses with different prices when there is not much difference between them?

I was pondering on buying M235 in future, if I needed to buy a mouse, but now I see that it doesnt support Linux, and I intend to use Linux at some point of time. So, that's a deterrent. Now I might think about M221.

I absolutely hate mice without tactile feeling buttons. i mean i dont expect a mechanical keyboard level of click, but there should be some positive feedback, not super soft and mushy.

Your review would have been better if you had posted it after a few days of usage, and not just after 5 minutes it arrived. Just saying :D.
yeah, but I am/was excited :D . This is a bigge for me. I still have my first mouse (15 year old logitech) on my desk , which I tried to fix because I hate the pressure required to press the goddamn button on later mice.

So, why 4 different mouses with different prices when there is not much difference between them?
One is silent , one unifying , rest maybe design

I see that it doesnt support Linux,
No way a logitech mouse won't work in linux. It will IMO work with open drivers. I would search to confirm.

tactile feeling buttons.
It does have tactile feedback. It just isn't loud.

Last edited:
Hehe, I understand your excitement :D.

Well, the comparison page does that say that, that particular model of Logitech mouse doesn't work with Linux, so I wouldn't risk it, even if there was a chance that it would work with open drivers.

I had been buying Logitech mouse till now, but lately, my experience was that, they develop trouble quite soon. Therefore, I wasn't keen on buying one this time around. So, I got an HP mouse for desktop this time. But, its scroll button won't work. I searched on the web and found that its a common problem with HP mice. I admit I have been using the cheap mice though, because although my usage is a bit heavy, but its still general, because I am not into gaming and all. After feedback from this forum, this time I will consider buying a wireless mouse, and people have suggested Logitech, so lets see.

I wasn't keen on buying a wireless mouse earlier, because first, it requires a battery, and I wasn't prepared to change batteries so frequently... but people said that now batteries last very long, so thats okay. Also, they were costly, but now I am considering to put in a bit of extra money so that I get a quality product which will last longer than the cheap ones. Based on this same thing, I will also think of buying a mechanical keyboard this time around, when I need to change my present keyboard, which is again a Logitech one, but it too developed problems in short time.

That said, I would like to say that however costly products you buy nowadays, they don't last much longer, like they used to in the earlier days, when quality products were made, and quality was given preference a lot.

Back