RHCSA or CCNA?

Dishant996

Disciple
fresher here interested in networking and linux.. tried google searching but didn't help.. would like some insight from experienced people in industry.. thanks!
and please do share some tips to prepare for it by self teaching..!

Last edited:
If you have the knack for it then Linux is the way to go. as for self learning, i am all for it, i've done most of my certifications that way. download ebooks, watch training videos online or from other sources & Practice, Practice, Practice.

I was in the same boat last year. Decided to go for CCNA first as you can easily set up labs for it using GNS3 or Cisco packet tracer.

I was in the same boat last year. Decided to go for CCNA first as you can easily set up labs for it using GNS3 or Cisco packet tracer.

You can easily setup labs for RedHat Linux as well, that's not a valid reason to chose something over the other, You chose a technology based on what you love to do, if you love to work on windows, than creating Labs in Windows might be easier for you than setting up a network lab. which is why i said "IF YOU HAVE THE KNACK FOR IT"

There are tons of Network Engineers out there & if you want to be successful right now you need a specialization, you cannot think of securing a good paying job with just an CCNA certification. Similarly if you opt for linux you cannot just do Red Hat Certified System Administrator (RHCSA)

You can easily setup labs for RedHat Linux as well, that's not a valid reason to chose something over the other, You chose a technology based on what you love to do, if you love to work on windows, than creating Labs in Windows might be easier for you than setting up a network lab. which is why i said "IF YOU HAVE THE KNACK FOR IT"
I agree with you. I was just pointing out that setting up labs for CCNA using packet tracer or GNS3 uses far less processing power than running multiple VM's. My 2500K struggled while I was running simple active directory labs. I should have phrased my above post better.

Back