Car & Bike Riding to Alaska on a Royal Enfield

He could have chosen a better bike then that, for sure.
Cost and ease of maintenance were primary factors. It's more old school. Money saved so his mods were quite good, something RE should keep in mind for that model

I completely get the guy he wanted to have a bike that nobody else in Alaska had.How many want to do the same here or anywhere.

Usual vid would be Harley in India riding up to Leh. I never thought i'd find an american so keen about an Indian bike.[DOUBLEPOST=1542293715][/DOUBLEPOST]
New himalayans are fine. But just like Tata nano, they are doomed because of the PR image they created for themselves.
What PR image ?

Last edited:
Cost and ease of maintenance were primary factors. It's more old school. Money saved so his mods were quite good, something RE should keep in mind for that model

I completely get the guy he wanted to have a bike that nobody else in Alaska had.How many want to do the same here or anywhere.

Usual vid would be Harley in India riding up to Leh. I never thought i'd find an american so keen about an Indian bike.[DOUBLEPOST=1542293715][/DOUBLEPOST]
What PR image ?
When himalayan launched, each and every review was praising RE for their new design and build quality. But himalayan had so many build quality issues, they actually had to stop selling them for few months to fix the issues. New himalayans don't have these issues but the bad PR created by that botched launched seriously hampered the sales of himalayan. Even few reviews of interceptor note that while they like the build quality of interceptor, they will hold out recommending it lest the repeat of himalayan happens.

probably the reason why RE launching the new interceptor with 40km/3 year unlimited free warranty. RE really hit it out of the park regarding the pricing. Knowing RE and seeing the american price, I was expecting close to 3 lakh ex showroom price but 2.5lakh is just awesome! I owned himalayan for 6 months and its the best bike for indian roads imo till now

When himalayan launched, each and every review was praising RE for their new design and build quality. But himalayan had so many build quality issues, they actually had to stop selling them for few months to fix the issues. New himalayans don't have these issues but the bad PR created by that botched launched seriously hampered the sales of himalayan. Even few reviews of interceptor note that while they like the build quality of interceptor, they will hold out recommending it lest the repeat of himalayan happens.

probably the reason why RE launching the new interceptor with 40km/3 year unlimited free warranty. RE really hit it out of the park regarding the pricing. Knowing RE and seeing the american price, I was expecting close to 3 lakh ex showroom price but 2.5lakh is just awesome! I owned himalayan for 6 months and its the best bike for indian roads imo till now
Does he have the new or the old Himalayan ? i'm not familiar with the differences

Does he have the new or the old Himalayan ? i'm not familiar with the differences
the old one. mine had oil leakage once but thats it. but the quality of old himalayans was very very poor. new ones are okay but once pr damage is done, its done

I didn't even know they were for sale outside India.
RE is sold in around 55 countries around the world. Ive seen youtube reviews of them from australian, US and Uk channels.

I've seen the YouTube video a few days back. That guy did a splendid job on all three parts. There's also a 16000 mile video by an American who appreciated the Himalayan a lot. This guy arranges riding tours in extreme places like Iceland and has used most adv bikes including the gs. he was full of praise for the Himalayan. Also pavalin from motorcycle adventures too has a generally positive review of the bike. The Europeans and Americans are loving the no nonsense simple design. But well i guess it's fashionable to bash 're.i would buy a Himalayan if they put the new 650 motor in it.
Ps- views of harley sportster rider with 50k odd kms on his ride.

tbh like it or not, the quality of indian bikes is little less than quality of same bikes exported outside. Some indian himalayan bikes, when launched, were of very poor quality. Infact, in their initial promotional video showed a himalayan losing its peg :p Also, no switchable ABS on a adv bike -_-

https://www.rushlane.com/royal-enfield-himalayan-foot-peg-breaks-12180812.html

I wouldn't touch a new royal enfield until a few months have passed after its launch and there aren't any issues with it.

And sad news for you, siddharth lal has said that new himalayan with 650cc engine isn't in cards atleast for the next two years :) But Im cautiously optimistic, they really nailed the pricing of new interceptors and jawa is giving competition to RE most sold bike RE classic 350. Anyway you see, its good for the customer.

There's also a 16000 mile video by an American who appreciated the Himalayan a lot. This guy arranges riding tours in extreme places like Iceland and has used most adv bikes including the gs. he was full of praise for the Himalayan. Also pavalin from motorcycle adventures too has a generally positive review of the bike. The Europeans and Americans are loving the no nonsense simple design. But well i guess it's fashionable to bash 're.i would buy a Himalayan if they put the new 650 motor in it.
Ps- views of harley sportster rider with 50k odd kms on his ride.

Back