Budget 90k+ RIG for Solidworks and Catia

cisco_tech

ex-Mod
Hi
One of my close friend is into Aerial Photography and Manufacturing of drones. He is looking for some serious System for Designing and Processing.
He told me couple of software name which he intends to run. Solidworks and Catia. His developer has asked for attached image config.
As per my basic understanding 1 TB SSD would be much better option then 7200 RPM Enterprise level HDD.
He has budgate around. 1.5 lacs.
Pour in your suggestions.
Thank you
specs.png

I can only give you two inputs :

1. Arihant Infosolutions from Lamington Road - this would your best bet.
2. Tyrone Systems - A bit expensive.

You will not get a branded system with your spec sheet at that price point. Even assembled would be difficult.

Also, dont go for 1TB SSD, 2x 512GB in RAID0 would be better with a backup.

Another point. Here in India, the 2600 v3 series is about 50-70K by itself. 64GB of DDR4 RAM - you should go with ECC, would put you around by 30K easily, by conservative estimates - 40K.

What you can do to make up for the savings is to opt for a X99 2011-3 board for the E5. This would allow you to use a regular cabinet, regular PSU and not need a E ATX cabby. However, upgrade costs would be expensive. A 2011-3 board would be around 30-40K at the moment.

In order to avoid this pitfall, I went with E5 2670 V1 in dual mode. And they are great. I think we can run upto 4 mid size VMs easily.

Since someone just liked this post, I would like to update on this

We run all flash servers, both whiteboxes, and 2670v1 and 2670v4, both dual, with 64GB DDR3 and 128GB DDR4 ECC respectively.

We are easily able to run over 10 VMs on these easily.

Back