RIP iPhone 4: One of Apple’s best iPhones will not get iOS 8

^yes, it was. But 7.1.1 fixed it.

https://discussions.apple.com/message/25569920#25569920. Even people said iPhone 5S was showing slowing down. If you are saying 7.1.1 is not slowing you down, now you are just showing fanboyism. I'm a fanboy of Nexus series, and I own Nexus 5. I can easily say nexus 5 is the best, doesn't lag... blah blah.. as XDA users say, but I'm not a "blind" fanboy. Nexus 5 lag's, sometimes in playstore, sometimes in general UI, and most of the time in scrolling, Period.[DOUBLEPOST=1401964190][/DOUBLEPOST]
no no.. google has dumb guys who do not know what to do :p

No idea why there is need of being funny in this thread. There's good discussion going on :)

also funny that you didn't explain to me how nexus 10 being 20 months old got the update?

Android updates: Nexus & Google Play edition devices

It is not always necessary to quote complete message.

Custom rom's are a bug fest. Always. I have used alot of Custom Rom's.... alot. They are never good for daily driver. Stock Rom has always the best compatibility. Even custom kernel's are a bug fest. That's the reason I prefer stock rom and stock kernel with Xposed, though Xposed is a bug fest aswell, granted , but they just works and if you don't like em, you can just uninstall them without causing dirt flash problems, which always give compatibility problems. But I'm guessing you know know... but you will reply me just for the sake of argument :) Btw, benefit of close eco system? This is the first time I'm hearing that. You love closed OS's ? Seriously, what's wrong with you?

Both eco system have their own pros and cons. If close eco system is completely useless, there would not have been this long versions of iOS or peoples adopting to WP8. Different people have different needs and their inclination towards eco system can change.

https://discussions.apple.com/message/25569920#25569920. Even people said iPhone 5S was showing slowing down. If you are saying 7.1.1 is not slowing you down, now you are just showing fanboyism.

Lol at that

Custom rom's are a bug fest. Always. I have used alot of Custom Rom's.... alot. They are never good for daily driver. Stock Rom has always the best compatibility. Even custom kernel's are a bug fest. That's the reason I prefer stock rom and stock kernel with Xposed, though Xposed is a bug fest aswell, granted , but they just works and if you don't like em, you can just uninstall them without causing dirt flash problems, which always give compatibility problems. But I'm guessing you know know... but you will reply me just for the sake of argument :) Btw, benefit of close eco system? This is the first time I'm hearing that. You love closed OS's ? Seriously, what's wrong with you?

GNex will have an offical Cm11 .

I am not replying just for the sake of argument, if you dont agree that iOS devices are better supported updated wise then I really dont know what to say. Yes I am critical of the OS but it flourishes here.

Nothing is wrong with me nor do I love iOS. I just dont judge the OS from a yard stick like you. I have 2 android phones and 1 android tablet however I still feel non-nexus android devices are hardly supported by OEM and thats a fact. If you dont agree good for you.

Devices may not receive the latest version of Android if they fall outside of the update window, traditionally around 18 months after a device release.

By that logic, GNex was just 22 months old when Kitkat was announced. If they can update nexus 10 of 20 months age, 2 months wouldn't have made any difference. Google releasing firmware has to take care of every last detail(Security stuff aswell) where as custom rom makers release firware every week(or multiple times if I may say). They couldn't care less for users. And how nowadays custom rom makers are working, I'd say they are CM wannabes. Sure, initially sharing/helping was the trend, it is not nowadays. Yes, rom's are free , but have you noticed the ego of rom makers? They behave like complete assholes.

GNex will have an offical Cm11 .

I am not replying just for the sake of argument, if you dont agree that iOS devices are better supported updated wise then I really dont know what to say. Yes I am critical of the OS but it flourishes here.

Nothing is wrong with me nor do I love iOS. I just dont judge the OS from a yard stick like you. I have 2 android phones and 1 android tablet however I still feel non-nexus android devices are hardly supported by OEM and thats a fact. If you dont agree good for you.

GNex get's or doesn't get CM11, I couldn't care less. As I said, custom rom's are bug fest and always will be. Stock rom's are the best in terms of stability and that's a fact.

You are not getting me here, I agree that iOS devices are better supported compared to android phones. But support at what cost? I'm tired of repeating again and again. Also, as I said, I just like Motorola phones and Nexus series so I don't care if non-nexus phones/tab's from OEM's are not supported. That's OEM's fault, not Google's. I agree that OEM's (non-nexus) doesn't get supported.

I'm not judging any OS here. I'm just saying Apple suck coz of the type of support they gave to iPhone 4. My original point. And it stays....

Iphone 4 was launched as a flagship and is still treat with support today also. As of today which flagship from Google/ Samsmuck / HTC / Moto / LG is on the latest update which was released 3 years ago.

I also agree that the apple devices are expensive but they are better supported by Apple. Gnex is a farse and Google are to blame for that.

And Google said that they wont support devices post 18 months which is also not a very popular choice to people in developing countries who dont shell out 600$ every 18 months.

If you are paying top price with apple you know what you will get. (Even if that is a bloody hyped bullshit) but hey that remains the same for 3 years.

Google biggest problem is updated hence they are pushing things out to google play services. If you still think cost to update wise Android is better than you are entitled to your opinion.

If the rumor regarding no more nexus devices is true, ios will have the upperhand as updates will last longer for old devices whereas for android phones/tabs, it will solely depend on the manufacturer's whims.

Back