RIP TotalBiscuit

iPwnz

Brutally Honest
Skilled
Famed YouTuber and videogames critic John Bain popularly known as TotalBiscuit (TB) has died.

Screenshot_20180525-083626~2.png

Screenshot_20180525-093943~3.png

The legendary iconic twitch/online emoji/meme "LUL" is also of him.
5c3~3.jpg

His passing has left a giant hole in the entire videogames industry and it will be impossible to fill it. Can I dare say that many of the videogames devs and publishers and his haters will find relief in his death? But his fans will cherish him forever for he was one of the most credible, if not the most, critics ever to have lived.

Rest in peace TB. You will be missed. BibleThump

Attachments

• 5c3~3.jpg
    5c3~3.jpg
    25.1 KB · Views: 226
RIP, was always subconsciously expecting this news, but still shocked. Far too young. His "WTF is" videos were really well made, not to mention his general contribution towards the industry.

WTF!! He's only aged 30+!!
Death knocks one down, when he/she least expects.
He was battling cancer. About two years ago he said that the chemo was working and he had a big chance of recovery. Then a few months ago he said the meds have stopped responding to the treatment.
To him I guess he might have told himself "well I beat the years given by my doctors." The doctors gave him maximum 2 years of life if i remember correctly and he outlived that so I believed that he might have been pretty proud of himself. He fought cancer till his last breath.
It's really a sad day. He was a very credible and one of the most trusted videogames critics ever. No one will come close to even his shadow.
RIP, was always subconsciously expecting this news, but still shocked. Far too young. His "WTF is" videos were really well made, not to mention his general contribution towards the industry.
Ya I came across him through one of his old WTF videos. They were all great. I guess we won't be seeing them anymore. Such a great loss.

Last edited:
RIP totalbiscuit. In his podcast with h3h3, he mentioned he could have caught the cancer early if he went ahead and got a colonoscopy instead of feeling embarrassed. I suffer from IBS too and seeing his video, I went ahead and scheduled a colonoscopy even though I felt embarrassed.

I encourage every one to see doctor asap they find something weird or feel something is off. Losing weight suddenly? doctor appointment.
Penis is hurting? doctor appointment. Poop is weird? doctor appointment.

doctors are costly in america but we're lucky theyre cheap here. We really have no reason not to see a doctor and get peace of mind.

Doctors are costly in america but we're lucky theyre cheap here. We really have no reason not to see a doctor and get peace of mind.
True that. Also govt. doctors here give free appointment. You need only pay for the hospital ticket/form.

I didn't see much of his videos. I used to watch angryjoe. Still saw some of his reviews & he had a nice voice. I agreed with his rambo game review (As I said I haven't seen much of his videos). What happened is an unfortunate thing. Anyways yesterday some people started posting some rude comments about him and its all over the net I don't know why (free attention grabbers?).

Anyways yesterday some people started posting some rude comments about him and its all over the net I don't know why (free attention grabbers?).
Facts. Not attention-grabbing. His videogames criticism is good but same can't be really said about some of his personal opinions and posts. I'm not sure if he is the only one handling his Twitter account but many of his posts were total moronic imo. He just wanted to lash out at people for no apparent reason. He was not like this before. I don't know if it was his sickness affecting him but he changed. You would know if you had followed him. Regardless, the man should be respected for his genuine criticisms of the videogames industry.

Imo, he was the best reviewer by far.

No silly number based ratings, just pure hour-long gameplay driven reviews where you were actually shown (instead of being told) how the game plays.
He reviewed games as if you were checking them out first hand; spent 15 minutes checking out the game menus and everything.

I can never tell whether I will like a game or not from the industry standard 5-7 minute reviews with videogame journalist criterion like "presentation".
And ffs, show me how it actually plays instead of a background montage.

Last edited:
Imo, he was the best reviewer by far.

No silly number based ratings, just pure hour-long gameplay driven reviews where you were actually shown (instead of being told) how the game plays.
He reviewed games as if you were checking them out first hand; spent 15 minutes checking out the game menus and everything.

I can never tell whether I will like a game or not from the industry standard 5-7 minute reviews with videogame journalist criterion like "presentation".
And ffs, show me how it actually plays instead of a background montage.
you should check out ACG reviews. He also does decently long reviews 15~20mins per game.

Eh, nothing honorable about cancer. Slow and painful, with chemos and surgeries offering false hope. Thanks to the great healthcare and IRS in The Land of The Free his family went bankrupt after his death. His wife had to sell everything and launch a GoFundMe to help with the costs. A tragedy and a disgrace, that's what it is.

Back