RMA by FedEX, to be paid by the addressee

strategy

Skilled
Here is the mail i got while seeking RMA for my headphone from Koss(USA)

Achal.

The complete system must be returned to:

Koss Corporation
Warranty Service
4129, North Port Washington Avenue
MILWAUKEE- WI 53212
U.S.A.

Please arrange for the system to be delivered for the attention of Ms. Cheryl Mike via
FedEx #0532-0633-6 (KossCorp.), Collect: Koss will pay the cost of freight, by courier service, both ways.

Pls. scan me a copy AWB and copy of the accompanying Pro-Forma Invoice.

Under declaration, please specify "Defectives being returned to manufacturer for repair", Value for customs purposes only: US$100.00-.

In the complementary slip please include a return address and telephone number.

Sincerely,
Simona Vanin

the problem is i have never dealt with FedEX,
1. What do i say to FedEX ? i mean Koss is to pay the shipping charges , but will FedEX accept my package if i give them this code (FedEx #0532-0633-6 (KossCorp.)) ? Has anyone here dealt with similar situation ?
2. in the mail above he wrote "Pls. scan me a copy AWB and copy of the accompanying Pro-Forma Invoice." , whats this ?
is he asking me to send the courier receipt and the "damaged item" invoice i attached in the package.

Help me!

and please if i need to be careful of any other thing , do let me know .

1) Call up Fedex and quote them the number. If the booking has been done right, they will just collect it from you and give you a receipt and tracking numbers.

2) Scan and send the tracking number and any other document that you get from Fedex when you hand them over the stuff.

another problem popped up!

now they are asking the custom clearing invoice (which i got when i received the system) . i dont have that as i got this from amazon and amazon takes care of shipping and costumes, they dont even give me an invoice.

I said i can give the amazon email print out that i got when i purchased them (it has details of the payment i made ) . but they say its not sufficient.

what do i do?

try contacting amazon support?
Have mailed them , but what can i expect from them.
I mean look at my situation, the manufaturer is ready to receive the fauly hardware and is paying shipping ( both sides ) . The problem here is fed ex is not taking my package. They say documents are in complete, they gave me tones of forms to fill ( in which 90percent of acronyms i dont get)

In the process of filling those forms with the help of google.

koss in all probablity does not have a process for international RMA, or even if it does, it's probably not very streamlined.
I dont get what you are inplying . This has noyhing to do with koss. As per Fedex customer care, in case of international rma , you are required to give them the custom clearance invoice.
Well fedex CC is closed now will ask them what if i send it as used headphone.

Back